𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Fourty Seven

" making tear stains "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

It was more of a startling awakening than anything else, caused by a bump in the road as the bus moved along. The sleep was likely brought on by the anxiety medication she had taken to ease her feelings of anxiousness. Being in a car, heading back to Nate's stadium, it was all too much.

She looked out the window, Sam sitting beside her, chatting with Issac who was across from them. They were probably 10 minutes from the stadium, and the dream still replayed in her head on a constant loop as she tried to wake up fully. She missed home.

She missed the pine trees dancing in the wind, the salt air hitting her face, filling her room at night with the scent of the beach. More than going home, she missed feeling at home. Feeling at home in Jamie's arms at night, waking up in the morning already smiling because of him, drawing mindless shapes on his skin with her finger. It was all so simple.

"Looks like someone finally woke up from their nap," Sam's accented voice cheered when he turned around to tell her about their arrival.

Tallulah rolled her eyes at his cheerfulness. "Yes, yes, I'm up!"

"We should be arriving soon," Sam said as the bus came to a stop just as he spoke.

"Looks like we're there a lot sooner than you think," Tallulah tried to joke, but her anxiety got the better of her, and she began to fiddle with the silver ring on her finger. The team began to rise from their seats, the coaches getting off the bus first and the players following.

No matter how many times she had been at a premiere shoot or an event for Richmond, she never got used to having her picture taken. The flashing cameras of the photographers were enough to make her close her eyes for a moment, trying to stop the pounding headache that was starting. "Come on, kid," a gruff voice whispered in her ear, giving her a small push to move forward.

The team walked together until they reached the locker room, all spreading out to put on their gear. The pounding in her head only got louder as Ted went over strategies, reaching its peak when they entered the stadium. She had gone out alone, not usually allowed to go out with the team unless it was a home game.

She collected and showed her pass to security, aiming to stay as far away from Nate as possible, so she stayed on the corner of the field, still hoping to get some good shots of the players. The stadium roared to life when the players from both teams filed out of the tunnel entrance.