𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Eighteen

" i think nothings going to be the same again"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Two days before the final match of the season. Stakes have never been higher... well, lower. Nobody believes in Richmond, especially since one Jamie Tartt is the one Richmond is going to be facing against.

All of the players were currently in the conference room, including all three of the coaches, now that Nate had been promoted and the lovely Tallulla sitting in the front row between Colin and Richard. "Alright, gang. Here's the unskinny bop," Ted began, "Manchester City is coming into our house for the final match, but preparation-wise, we're gonna treat it like it's any other game."

"But it's not just any other game. We could be relegated." Issac's voice spoke up.

"We got relegated when I was at Cardiff. It's my family's team." Colin told the room, "My nana never spoke to me after that. Just left me a box of her shit in the will."

"When you say shit, Colin—" Tallulla began before being cut off by Zorro.

"Yeah, and when clubs go down, teams get broken up."

Sam piped up with a question of his own, "Coach, do they not have relegation in America?"

Ted chuckled, "Oh no, no, no."

"So what happens to all the shit teams at the end of the season?" Issac questioned in a frustrated tone.

"They all just keep playing until they're done with all their fuck-about games and then try not to be shit the next year... which, you know, usually takes a decade for them not to be well, shit." Tallulla explained, earning an impressed look from Lasso. "What, my father was an American."

"Yeah, alright, now Nate..." Ted turned to Nate, making him blow his new and incredibly loud whistle. The team let out a collective groan as some covered their ears at the shrill.

"Not inside, Nate." Ted told him off, "I'm saying, now Coach Nate has a video he wants to show us."

Beard went over and wheeled in a big screen. "Oh, yeah. Sorry." Nate mumbled out. He cleared his throat, helping Beard bring in the screen. "Okay. So I thought you'd all find this motivational. All right." He clicked play.

To Tallulla's surprise, Jamie came on screen. His hair was slicked back in an odd way; he looked very different from the time she had seen him just two weeks prior. She smiled brightly when she saw him, even if she couldn't see him in person, this was good enough for now.