𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Twenty Five

" do you like it? "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Tallulah chuckled while watching Ted unwrap his gift from Nate. She sat in her office, surrounded by bottle-shaped gifts from all the players she had yet to unwrap.

"Aw, Nate, is this a photo of you and me after our first win?" the coach asked as he gazed upon his gift.

"Yeah."

"Thanks, buddy. I appreciate it. Look at that." He passed the gift to Keeley, who was helping the Diamond Dogs celebrate the day. The man turned his attention to the ginger in the room, "Looks like you have quite a few presents to drink, Bambi."

"Yeah, I don't think I have the heart to tell them that I'm trying to cut down on my drinking... I guess that ambition will have to wait till after New Year, yeah?" The girl chuckled, unwrapping one of the packages to find a bottle of fireball. At least they knew her well.

Keeley smiled cheekily at the girl before turning to read the message on the frame, "Ted, thank you for everything you've done for me. Nathan. Aw!"

"What a lovely inscription," The picture was passed to Beard, "That you wrote completely over my head, face, and body."

"Sorry," Nathan spoke sounding the least bit apologetic.

"Secret Santa's a fun new tradition. As is a half-day for Christmas." Higgins took a sip of his drink.

"Well, I think we gotta be responsible," Ted nodded along, "We gotta save our legs for tomorrow's big game. So, to responsibility." He raised his glass full of scotch, as did everyone else in the room.

"And if we get this Boxing Day win, we'll finally have more wins than losses." The board showing the wins and losses was in the corner of the room, showing a tie between four wins and four losses.

"Coach, what are you doing the rest of the day?" Ted directed the question to Nate.

"I'm just spending it with my family. I finally make enough money to buy something nice for my dad." The boy responded smugly, "He can be very tricky to shop for."

"Oh, he's one of those fellas that buys everything for himself, huh?" The mustached man suggested.

"Oh, I wish. No, he just hates everything."

There was an awkward silence before Ted swiveled his chair towards Beard, "What about you, Coach?"

"Uh, Jane and I are going to a pagan Christmas ritual at Stonehenge." Beard responded.