𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Fourty Two

" rene magritte "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

"Rebecca, how much longer are we going to wait? I've had to start taking fake pictures with the camera turned off just so I don't look like an idiot standing here with no chair," Tallulah asked, standing at the corner of the row of people waiting for their new star player, Zava.

"I have no clue..." Rebecca trailed off, looking at her phone before turning to Higgins, who sat next to the tall blonde, along with Keeley on her other side.

"Leslie! We do have a signed contract, don't we?" Rebecca asked in a hushed whisper.

"Of course. We have an e-signature, and that's legally binding," There was a small pause as Higgins looked off into the distance for a moment, obviously in deep thought. "I think. I'll make a call." The pudgy man held up his phone, quickly exiting to his right to stand somewhat behind the stage for privacy.

Tallulah only shook her head, rolling her eyes. "Why do we need this bloke anyway?" The girl said, kicking the dirt on the pitch in boredom and huffing to herself.

"Because he is a very good player," Rebecca tapped away at her phone again, as if Tallulah was a small child getting on the nerves of already busy adults.

"His agent hasn't heard from him, but she's tracked his phone, which is currently in Mykonos," Keeley told the pair, to which the ginger only rolled her eyes again.

"What even is Mykonos?"

The two blondes didn't bother to respond to the young girl. "If he had changed his mind again, I'm going to look like an absolute arsehole," Rebecca seethed. "Maybe we can try and cheer them up somehow?" Keeley suggested.

"I bet Higgins knows some magic; he looks like the guy who can pull a quarter out of an ear," Tallulah thought out loud, to which both blondes looked up at her, shielding their eyes from the sun but also giving an eye of agreement.

"Do you want me to take my shirt off and run across the pitch?" A woman said, standing up from behind Keeley and leaning in an uncomfortable amount, in Tallulah's opinion, into her face. Tallulah's mouth hung open at the girl's suggestion.

"You must be Shandy," Rebecca muttered out, holding a hand for her to somewhat shake due to the proximity.

"Yes, it's so nice to finally meet you. You know, I'd love to go for a coffee and pick your brain sometime," the glossy-lipped woman finally turned her attention to the girl whose mouth was still slightly ajar from the comment the other had made beforehand. "You're famous."