𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Fourty

" miss him "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

"I'm just saying you can't hide from them forever..." Colin rolled his eyes at the young girl who was trying and failing to repaint the office wall the shade of blue that was halfway spread across the walls.

"Yes, I can!" The redhead snapped back, paint smeared across her face as she dripped some on the floor.

The young man had caught the girl leaving work a couple of nights ago now and had been caught up with the situation of the broken arm and needing a steady income. He had also pieced together that the girl was hiding from Jamie in an attempt to not have to deal with her problems. A situation which Colin had been attempting to get her to deal with given that they had their first official game of the season coming up and photos would need to be taken whether Tallulah liked it or not.

Colin huffed at the ginger's defiance, "I ask you again, how are you going to keep staying a secret at the game on Saturday? You fancy being a ghost?"

"What do you know, Welsh boy?" Tallulah scoffed, but a smile played on her features. She forgot how much she missed all of the team's friendships she had with the players. "Besides, I've gotten really good at sneaking around."

"You waiting till everyone has left is not sneaking around." Colin shook his head.

"Yes, it is." The girl argued again, dripping more paint on the floor.

Colin looked at the girl's shoddy paint job with a grimace, "Why don't you just ask maintenance to do that? Lord knows it would have been better if you had waited for someone to help with the lights."

"Hey, the lights are working fine now!" Tallulah defended, gesturing with the paintbrush to the ceiling where, in fact, the lights were working fine despite the fact—

"They have burn marks around them, Fitz! Look at them and tell me they're 'fine'." The man pointed out.

The girl rolled her eyes, "They're fine, great even, based on the fact that I can see you. And to go back to the why are you not waiting for help, I am capable of doing this myself, plus I have nothing better to do." She shrugged."I wonder why that is," The Welsh man trailed off for a second, fanning thought, "Oh yeah, that's right, because you're scared of seeing Jamie so you have no photos to edit."

The girl went back to painting the wall a royal blue at the mention of Jamie; a small silence fell over the two before Tallulah began to explain; "It's not just because of Jamie... it's because of a lot of things."