𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗶𝘅

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Thirty Six

" i know what i have to do. "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Tallulah sat in the stands of the stadium.

She tried to remember the last time she had stayed in the stands of a stadium and had really absorbed a football game. Had the courtesy of just watching instead of having to be a part of it. The girl tried to remember the last time she had felt excited for work like she had for the email she had received.

She couldn't.

Maybe that was the problem because as much as she loved the people and the things she was able to do with AFC Richmond, she missed being on the road, going out with her band, and making music. Who knows, maybe if she were on the road long enough, she would want to come back and take photos. Maybe she was just tired.

This time last year, she felt so numb; life felt so pointless. It didn't matter if she left or if she didn't. She didn't have Jamie. Well, not in the way she did now.

She looked back over at the green grass field and thought back to the conversation she had while making him pancakes over a year ago now.

"Do you ever just feel like life's kinda just passed you by?"

"Not really, I've always felt like I should have been a footballer." She didn't realize it until now, looking back at the memory, that Jamie had passion behind those words. True passion. Something that Tallulah hadn't felt in so long.

"I used to feel that way about photography, but lately, everything has just been feeling like one big chore. I wake up, I take photos, I edit them, I post them, I go to bed, and I wake up just to do the same thing over again. My life used to be fun, I used to love to do my work, but now I just feel numb when I'm at work."

"Have you ever thought of taking a break from the club?"

Would he be proud of her? If she left him to join something that might not even work. Would he be proud of her finally doing something that she's thought about her whole life, be proud of her trying to fulfill a passion?

"I don't think I could do that, Jamie, they're my family..."

"Well, it wouldn't be permanent, would it?" She remembered him rolling his eyes and falling even more madly in love with him, "I'm saying take the break after the season to let yourself be yourself. Then you come back, you know if you want to." He had explained.