𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Thirty Eight

" no one wants you here"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Game Day.

The final game day.

The day she was going to tell Jamie, the day she had to tell Jamie. It was the right thing to do, and afterward, everything was going to be fine. Thoughts spun around her head as she watched Nate look at the pyramid of success and Beard read the book he constantly had in his hands.

Her eyes flickered between the two anxiously, her nerves getting the better of her as she spun the ring around her finger and her legs bobbed up and down. The air was filled with nerves and anticipation for the coming game. When Roy walked into the room, Tallulah was thankful for an excuse to move into the room, out of the cramped office.

She sat on the edge of Ted's desk, still twisting the ring around her finger. Tallulah watched out of the corner of her eye as Roy glanced both at Nate and herself before moving to Beard for a response to the question he had posed with his eyes. The man in response only shrugged.

The stockier man moved around to also lean next to the girl, who moved her hands as if she weren't just rubbing that part of her hand raw with the metal. Instead, she lightly tapped against the wood of the desk with her ring. She couldn't keep her hands nor her mind still. Tallulah moved to make a comment to Roy, saying that she was fine as Ted clapped his hands and entered the room.

"Are we all good to go on running Nate's false nine today?" Ted questioned as he sat down in his rolly chair.

Nate scoffed from the corner where he had been observing the pyramid, "Well, you'd all be fools not to."

Tallulah scrunched her brow in discomfort at the man's words. The Nate she had once known, who had once anxiously watched her drink a sports mix hoping for her approval, had dissipated into a cold and cruel man. The boy wore a black suit as if declaring in a rather movie villain-esque fashion that he no longer was a part of the team but rather a man leading the way. His way.

The room was tense with this comment, Nate brushing past the girl and bumping into her shoulder as if they were back in secondary school. Well, Tallulah could only assume what would happen in secondary school. The girl shuddered from the touch of the man but stayed silent as the coach continued to talk.