𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Forty Eight

" a small tan notebook "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

It had been seven weeks.

Seven weeks since the locker room scene with Jamie.

Seven weeks of waking up every morning with a smile on her face.

Seven weeks of reclaiming the time she didn't spend with Jamie.

Seven weeks without a win from Richmond.

Now, Tallulah was getting ready for work knowing that Jamie would be up soon, bringing her the usual blueberry muffin. Though the green-eyed boy had been less cold than she was used to, he was still keeping his distance. They had late-night talks, catching up on what he had missed from her life and vice versa. However, that was it—just talks, then he would go home.

No staying the night, no kisses on the cheeks, no more holding apart from that locker room scene. He had been clingy yet cold at the same time. Tallulah looked at her reflection, giving the final touches to her mascara, smearing it slightly when a loud honk could be heard from outside her apartment. She knew she would hear something from the Chinese place below her and maybe even lose the discount they had offered her on crab rangoon.

She quickly grabbed her backpack and camera bag from the hook by the door. Since having visitors—or rather, a visitor—more often, she had been unpacking more and more every night after work. The brick walls that had been left bare now had paintings from her mother and photos she had taken all over them. The dishes she had been adamant about leaving in the cardboard boxes and opting to just eat off paper plates had finally been put in their respective cabinets, along with the silverware and glasses. Her bed-frame was set up, rugs rolled out, pillows and blankets finally placed. Lamps had been turned on, and a small recording studio was added to the open space, with guitars hanging on a rack, both electric and acoustic, and a desk with recording equipment.

She hurried down the stairs of a back hallway and past the restaurant kitchen. "You tell that man no honking! Scare away customer!" the elderly owner, Mrs. Souphanousinphone, yelled as she ran past.

"Yes, Mrs. Souphanousinphone!" Tallulah shouted back, slamming the door behind her as she finally exited the building and jogged to the sleek dark blue sports car.

"Jesus, what took you so long?" Jamie said in a teasing tone, placing a paper bag with the usual breakfast in her lap once Tallulah had settled.

"My neighbor downstairs hates you." Tallulah rolled her eyes, taking a bite of the muffin and getting a bit of blueberry on her face.