Chapter 6

Around a month later both me and Leon got an invitation to Laerte's wedding with this bi--- I mean woman, called Annalise.

I don't have much choice, but to go as Laerte wants to see his son and Leon would be sad if I wouldn't go and be nice to them.

I'm not a big actor, but I can play nicely that I like people so it should be fine.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Wait... Is Laerte your ex-husband? - asked Diego after I told him about the wedding thing.

- Yes... Unfortunately.

- Heh... Can't blame you for saying that...

- But why? Do you know him too?

- I do actually.... We have been great friends since high school, but soon he moved to Italy so we didn't keep contact and when I came back our friendship started over... Which is good, I suppose...

- I see... Then I guess you'll be there at the wedding too...

- Yeah, I will.

- That kinda makes me happier - I mumbled quietly, but not quiet enough for Diego to not to hear.

- I'm glad to hear that - he smiled - If you need my support, or anything then just call me and I'll be there for you, okay?

- Okay... - I nodded - Thank you...

He smiled and my heart began to beat faster again.

Why did I just fall in love with him this easily?

And why did he seem just as upset as I am about this wedding?

I don't know...

Anyway...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Today is the day of the wedding so both me and Leon were getting ready in the morning and early afternoon we headed off to the wedding.

The whole thing went nicely and nothing bad happened so far...

- Hey, big boy! - said Laerte when he saw his son - How're you doing??

- I'm doing okay, dad! - he replied happily - And congratulations to the wedding!

- Thank you, boy!

Then after he left to see the other people...

- I'm surprised you came - said Laerte.

- Leon wanted to see you. He's the only reason that I'm here too - I replied.

- Glad you took him too.

I just groaned then after getting Leon we sat down.

----- TIME SKIP -----

After the ceremony the party started and I started to think where Diego might be now and when I decided to look around to find him I bumped into Annalise.

- Nice to see you here, Selvaggia - she said, pretty sarcastically.

- Yeah, sure - I groaned.

- No, I'm serious. And you look pretty good too.

- Thank you.

- But not as good as me, of course - she added with an evil smile on her face.

- I really don't care about you... - I said as I was about to leave, but she grabbed my arm and pulled me back - What do you want?!

- I want you to understand... That I won here and you're not getting back to him ever again! You're way too old for him!

- What did you say?! - I hissed.

- You heard me - she smirked.

At this point I slapped her. I got so angry that I slapped her.

- I could be your mother, you little whore... - I hissed - Don't you even dare to talk to me like that again...

- How dare you...! - she hissed, but before she could do anything Laerte interrupted.

- What's going on here?? - he asked.

- She just slapped me for no reason! - Annalise whimped.

- Why did you do that?! - Laerte snapped at me almost immediately.

- Wha...

- Excuse me!

Suddenly Diego came up to us from behind.

- It was actually Annalise, who was disrespectful for no reason.

- What?! Stop protecting her, Diego!

- Why?

- We both know it was her who...

- So you're telling me that I'm lying? - Diego asked, getting frustrated too.

- What? I did not say that!

- But it seems like it!

- Don't be ridiculous and stop trying to flirt with my ex-wife!

- Why should I? I let you marry my ex-girlfriend so...

- Just... Don't!

Suddenly Diego punched him then grabbed him by his collar.

- Stop trying to look tough by making others feel bad... - he hissed - She deserves the best which wasn't you so move on and leave her alone...

And with that he pulled me closer to him as we quickly walked away from them...