Chapter 27

The next day I went to have breakfast in the hotel's restaurant and Laerte joined me, looking like he didn't sleep a minute.

- Are you okay? - I asked him.

- Yes... But Annalise doesn't seem to pick up the phone for me at all.... And this is pissing me off.

- I see.

- But whatever. We're not here to talk about me after all.

- Err...

- How're you?

- I'm okay...

- We're starting the first day today at 1pm!

- I know and I'm ready for that as usual.

- Good! We'll have long hours there!

- I know, I know. No need to worry about me - I groaned as he sounded weirdly worried for some reason.

- Okay, sorry - he mumbled and the rest of the breakfast went by in silent.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later on the work started and I was already into it when Laerte snapped me out of it....

- Take a quick break - he said - You have been sitting here for 5 hours now.

- Uh...

I just now checked the time and it's 6pm already.

- Oh! What... Yeah... But only 2 more hours to go...

- Still... Just take a break...

I sighed.

- Okay - I nodded as I went outside to get some fresh air.

When I went out I also checked my phone and just then I saw a text from Diego.

"Hey, beautiful

Don't overdo yourself, okay?

Just take it easy.

Your man with love

Diego"

Sweet goddess... Every message he's sending is just way too cute.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Diego's POV:

Selvaggia's away for 2 days by now, but I already miss her so much.

I know we haven't been meeting up daily because of the show, but I miss her presence from near me... This is a really stupid way to explain it, but you know what I mean.

Anyway... On the 3rd day there way a live interview from France with Selvaggia and for some reason that asshole Laerte was there too.

Wait... Why is he there? And why didn't see mentioned this to me the last time when we talked?

Probably to not to pissme off, or something...

But I can't help being annoyed by seeing him there!

I need to talk to her about this...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Selvaggia's POV:

Arriving back from dinner to my room my phone immediately started ringing once again.

It was Diego.

And he surprisingly sounded annoyed for some reason...

- What's the matter, Diego? - I asked him.

- I just don't understand something... Why didn't you tell me that you're gonna have to work with Laerte there?

Oh, god! I've completely forgotten to tell him about it...

- I uh... I'm sorry, I just...

- You just simply forgot about it, huh?

Huh?

- Honestly... Yes. I can't care less about him beind here. I'm only here to work and not being friends with him.

This moment I swear I could see Diego's smile in front of me as I said that.

- I want to kiss you so bad right now... - he said - But that has to wait until you come back... But before you'd start worrying about me then don't because I'm not mad at you, or anything...

How the hell does he know what I'm thinking about all the time?

- That's good to know - I sighed.

- As I said earlier... You just focus on what you're doing and everything will be fine.

- Thank you... - I sighed in relief as we continued talking for some time...