Chapter 38

Selvaggia's POV:

A few months later both me and Diego had a break from our jobs so he offered to go on a vacation together.

- You sound like you already have a good idea to a place that we should go - I laughed as we were disgussing the vacation thing.

- Actually I do - he replied - I have a good friend in Spain... And his job is pretty interesting which you both would find interesting too.

- What is that supposed to mean?

- You'll see - he grinned while he hugged me - But for now all I'm gonna tell you is that he works with cats.

- With cats?

I'm even more confused now, but he was just smiling at me cheekily and by that I knew he isn't going to tell me more about this until the moment we're actually there.

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few weeks later we went to Spain and we spent the first day with sightseeing then the following day Diego called one of his friend, who came early afternoon to pick us up...

- Ready to go? - asked Ronald, Diego's friend as we got into his truck which was pretty big I also heard noises from the back.

As we were on our way we also talked...

- Kiara is more excited than ever to see you again after so long - said Ronald.

- Oh really? - Diego smiled - I can't wait to see her either!

I remember Diego telling me that his friend works with cats... But this conversation doesn't make any sense to me!

And by now I'm way too curious about who Kiara is, or what the hell is going on that I can't even ask anything.

----- TIME SKIP -----

And as we arrived I suddenly understood everything...

- What the heck?! - I gasped - Did we come here?? - I asked Diego.

- Yes - he smiled - This is a foundation...

A foundation for this huge tiger, lions and... Big cats!

- Why? What were you expecting? - Diego grinned - I told you Ronald works with cats.

- This is all you said to her? - Ronald laughed - Well... Can't blame her for being confused then - he added - But now excuse me... Either way you can look around inside the building now to see the little ones, or you can watch while we're taking the new lion to the vet first then to it's place.

- What?! Wait a second... Was there a lion in the back of the truck?! - I asked.

- Yes - Ronald nodded.

Jesus Christ!

Diego's POV:

Selvaggia's reaction to this place was amazing!

This is why I didn't tell her exactly what is this place! But hopefully she isn't mad at me that much.

Anyway...

In the end both her and Leon decided that they want to look around inside and see the little ones and later go outside so see the adults.

Oh, and you're probably wondering who Kiara is now, aren't you?

Well, she's actually a female lion in the foundation that I first met around 3-4 years ago and I haven't see her since so I'm curious how's she looks like now.

I'm also planning something else, but that has to wait a little bit...