Chapter 32

The following day when I left Selvaggia's house I decided to meet up with Laerte.

I honestly want to punch him on the face and tell him to get lost, but I promised that I'm not gonna do that... So we'll simply talk. Nothing more.

But I can't promise I'll be calm.

----- TIME SKIP -----

In the early afternoon Laerte agreed to meet up in a coffee to talk, but I have a feeling he knows why do I want to talk to him because it took him a while before he actually answered my message.

Anyway...

- Hey, Diego! - he waved when he saw me then sat down to my table - What's up? Haven't talked to you in a while!

- Indeed - I groaned - And I'm here to talk about something serious.

- Oh, god... I hope you didn't kill anybody - he joked.

- Not yet - I replied - But tell me what did you say to Selvaggia yesterday exactly?

- Huh?

- And don't play dumb with me because I know she told me the truth.

He mumbled something I didn't understand, but then...

- I told her I want to get back to her - he said - In short this is all I said.

- What happened to Annalise? Aren't you married?

- This is exactly why we didn't meet for a while.

He paused.

- Because we divorced.

Great.

- I see. And this is a good reason to bother Selvaggia?

- What do you mean by that? Us being back together would be good for both me and her.

- How are you so sure about that?

- Because of Leon.

- And did you even asked his opinion about this? Did he tell you that he wants you two back together?

- Well... I-I'm his father!

- It doesn't mean he wants you immediately.

I took a deep breath before I continued.

- Not so long ago he mentioned a conversation between you and him and he told me that he isn't sure if he wants you and his mother to be back together.

- He isn't sure?

- Yes. And you know why?

- Why?

- Because he wants his mother to be happy too. But if she isn't happy with you... Then Leon won't be happy either... Do you understand?

He didn't say anything for a while as he was trying to understand what I just said to him.

- Okay, but...

- But what? Tell me what can be more important than your son's happiness? Even if you don't care about Selvaggia then you should care about Leon just as much as I care about Amanda. So I suggest you to let them decide if they want you back fully, or not.

He couldn't even speak anymore after that so I left him there to think.

I got so pissed off when Selvaggia first talked about what happened and what Laerte said to her that I truly wanted to punch him, but for my love... For Selvaggia I can keep myself back.

I want to make her happy and not just embarrass her, or anything like that...

I just want to make her happy... And next weekend I finally can do that.

Because next weekend Notti Sul Ghiaccio finishes...

And then...