Chapter 7

We walked away from Laerte and Annalise to sit down and calm down...

- I'm sorry... - Diego said after a while - I shouldn't have punched him...

- Maybe... But don't say sorry - I replied - I slapped Annalise after all...

He looked over to me and began to laugh.

- You did good. She was disrespectful - he said.

- Was she your girlfriend before?

- Yes, but I honestly don't care about her getting married to Laerte. Atleast I got rid of her for good.

- I see... And about what you said to him...

- About you deserving the best? - he smiled - I was serious about it...

- Diego...

- I want to see you smile... Your smile is something special to me... Something that truly makes me happy... - he said while he placed his hand on my cheek gently.

As he looked into my eyes I just couldn't stop smiling at all and I couldn't take my eyes off of his either.

We were just staring into each other's eyes for long minutes, but soon we were cut off by Leon who came to join us.

----- TIME SKIP -----

By the end of the day I felt so happy and so much better that I actually enjoyed the rest of the party and when we were going home I decided to invite Diego too.

Luckily he said yes so he came home with us and while Leon was in his room we were talking...

- I didn't know Laerte could be such an asshole - Diego groaned.

- Waaait, wait! - I cut him off - Uhm... Was Annalise actually uh...

- Cheat on me? Yes. Yes, she was cheating on me with him, but I didn't say a word. Why? Because I wanted to be a good friend, but why?! I don't know anymore! - he snapped angrily.

- Hey, hey... Easy - I said as I held his hands - Calm down...

He took a few deep breaths.

- Sorry... - he muttered - I didn't mean to get mad...

- I understand you... More than you think...

- How about we go out again sometime? - he asked.

- That depends on when do you plan to go - I replied.

- Tomorrow? For a lunch?

- Okay, sounds good - I grinned and so did he.

- Okay... Then tomorrow - he smiled then he kissed me on the cheek - And don't be mad about Laerte anymore... Just forget about him.

- Only if it'd be that easy - I sighed.

He suddenly pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

- Should I talk to him?

- No! - I snapped - Uh... It's not necessary... I'll handle him... But thank you...

- Okay... As you wish, beautiful - he smiled again, making me blush like crazy.

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few days later I was still thinking about what Diego said before, even when Laerte came to see Leon.

- Is he here too? - he asked.

- No. He's probably working today - I replied.

- I see.

- Uh... Sorry about what happened there...

- It wasn't your fault... I heard from someone else too that Annalise was disrespectful with you... So I'm sorry...

- It's okay... Don't worry about it...

- And I wish you good luck to Diego... Because he's a real weirdo sometimes - he added jokingly.

- Thank you - I laughed awkwardly.

I don't know why is he telling me all this, but as long as he isn't telling me anything bad about Diego I don't really care...