Chapter 22

Diego's POV:

Thinking through that message Selvaggia got I can pretty much tell that it's from Annalise.

She did this once already with a woman that I was simply working with and she scared her away.

But this time luckily I came to see Selvaggia just in time and I could tell her to calm down, but I know she won't be fully calm... So I have to get in action.

----- TIME SKIP -----

One afternoon when I had a break from practising I decided to call Annalise over for a meeting and surprisingly enough she agreed to meet me.

- Diego! What made you call me all of a sudden? - she asked - Did you finally get rid of that bi---

- If you dare to call her a bitch... - I hissed, cutting her off.

- You don't even know who am I talking about!

- By now I pretty much know you're talking about Selvaggia.

- Hm... So what?

- So what?! Did you send her that message too, telling her to stay away from me?! - I snapped angrily.

- I didn't do that!

- Don't play dumb with me again! I know you good enough already!

- Fine! Yes, I did!

- Why?! What do you care who am I with?! You're already married to care about your husband please and get out of my life!

- That's going to be hard as your girlfriend is my husband's ex-wife and they have a son together.

- I know. But you can still keep your distance from me as either of us have nothing to do with that.

- Diego, we both know you don't need someone so close minded like her!

- How do you know she's close minded?!

- What do you care?!

----- MEANWHILE -----

Selvaggia's POV:

I've been going to a meeting when I noticed Diego and Annalise arguing.

I didn't want them to see me so I just carefully listened to them.

- Why do you care I'm with her, or not?! - snapped Diego angrily - Why do you want to always ruin my life?!

- Because I'm the only one that know what you really need! - said Annalise as she stepped closer to Diego and at this point I swear I saw she wanted to kiss him.

God, I don't know how long I can watch this...

But as she was about to kiss him he gently, but firmly pushed her away.

- Don't do this - Diego said.

- Why? You want this too, don't you?

- No, I don't.

I almost fell out of my hidinf place as he said that.

- What?!

- Believe it, or not... I no longer love you, but her.... And I no longer need you, Annalise.

At this moment she slapped him then stormed off.

Poor Diego... He didn't deserve that.

- Selvaggia... I know you're there - he said as he turned around - You can come out of there.

I decided to come out....

- How long have you been listening? - he asked.

- Long enough to hear the most important part - I replied while I caressed his cheek - Did she slap you hard?

- Not that much... - Diego smiled and placed his hand on mine - But I'd use for a little help - he added cheekily.

- Maybe something like this? - i asked as I stepped closer and kissed him on the cheek.

- This is exactly what I needed - he smirked, hugging me to him gently - But now I need to go back to practise.

- Okay... Then work hard! - I joked.

- But before that... - he smirked again then after looking around, making sure that no one's watching he pulled me closer and kissed me passionately on the lips.

- My god! - I gasped.

- Ciao, Beautiful! See you soon! - he winked as he left and after snapping back to reality I headed to my business too with a huge smile on my face the whole time.