Chapter 40

Selvaggia's POV:

Yesterday was something seriously memorable, but today surprisingly Diego woke up before me and Leon and left a message that we should go to the foundation again around 1pm in the afternoon.

- Leon... Do you have any idea what is he planning? - I asked him.

- No idea - he replied - But knowing Diego probably something for you, mom!

- Maybe...

Leon then jumped on my bed.

- Not maybe. I'm pretty sure that's the case! - he said cheekily.

- Oh, so you already know him this good, huh? - I laughed then I pulled him into a tight hug and after that we both got changed and went to look around by ourselves.

----- MEANWHILE -----

Diego's POV:

I feel bad for leaving Selvaggia and Leon behind early morning, but I need to get my surprise ready.

I might be in a hurry with this and she might say no, but I have to do it.

I have to... I feel like I'm ready for it.

I just don't know if she's ready too...

Anyway yes... I want to ask to be my wife.

That's why I wanted to come here for a vacation as well... I know some good people here that'll help me make everything perfect.

----- TIME SKIP -----

On my way to my friend Ronald I suddenly bumped into...

- Clari?! - I gasped.

- Hey! - she smiled.

- What are you doing here??

- I came here for a little vacation with Marco!

- With Marco...

- Yes! But what are you doing here? Are you with Selvaggia?

- Uh... Yes! But I'm working on a little surprise for her right now and that's why I'm alone.

- Huh? And what?

And quickly told her about it.

- That's amazing! - she gasped - Do you need help in anything?

- Uh... I don't know yet... But thank you...

- Good luck and stay calm! - she smiled then we went on out ways.

Easy to say...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Selvaggia's POV:

Okay... It's 12:30 right now...

I think we should head to the park to see what is Diego up to now.

After we had something to eat and we were heading out we bumped into Ronald.

- Ready to go? - he asked.

- How did you know that we're here? - I asked him.

- I just looked around where you might be at this time... And I found you! - he replied - Well? Diego's already waiting for you!

- Huh...

In the end we got into his car and headed off.

----- TIME SKIP -----

As we arrived to the park everything seemed normal... To me atleast...

- Follow me! - said Ronald as he lead us to the main building's hall.

There the first person I saw was Diego immediately, who was dressed in suit and just then I realized that the whole hall was beautifully decorated.

- Diego...?

- I'm really sorry for leaving you like that today... But I had to do this alone.

- What are you talking about?

He took a deep breath before stepping closer to me and taking my hand...

- I've been thinking about this for a while now... And even though this might be early I want to do this...

I didn't know if I should speak up, or not so I stayed quiet...

Until the moment when he got on one knee...

Wait... Is he doing what I'm thinking he's doing?

- Selvaggia Lucarelli... We know each other for less than a year... But I feel like I've known you for way longer... You stole my heart the first moment I saw you and since then I love you so much... So...

He took a deep breath again before he continued:

- Will you make the happiest man on earth and marry me?