Chapter 36

And as I was guessing the following morning phone call after phone call came and everyone was asking both of us for interviews and stuff like that...

But after a few times we simply turned off our phones and enjoyed the morning.

- I'm a little nervous right now... - I sighed.

- Huh? Why? - Diego asked.

- Leon's gonna wake up soon... What will he say when he sees you here?

- Oh, so this is the problem - he smiled - You scared me there for a second.

He then came closer to me and kissed my head.

- I don't think there will be any problem. We seemed to be getting along pretty well so...

Suddenly...

- Good morning!

We both jumped by Leon's voice as we didn't expect him to come right now.

- Good morning! - we said at the same time.

- Nice to see you here! - he said to Diego - And before you'd ask... I've seen the last minutes of the show last night.

At this point we both blushed.

- And I'm happy for you two - he added.

He still didn't seem fully awake, but this didn't stop me from hugging him tightly.

- I love you so much, Leon! - I said while I kissed his head.

- I love you too, mom! - he replied while hugging me back.

Diego's POV:

Watching Selvaggia and Leon hugging so happily made me truly happy as it reminded me when Amanda was younger.

Gosh, I miss her so much...

When Leon went back to get changed Selvaggia came up to me...

- Are you okay? - she asked worriedly.

- I'm okay - I replied with a smile - Looking at you two just now made my day already... It even made me think of Amanda too...

- How's she?

- She's fine... But she didn't call me for 2 days now...

Selvaggia was about to say something when suddenly the door bell rang and she smiled.

- I think you should open it - she said.

- Huh?

She had a suspiciously cheeky smile on her face which made me even more confused than I already was.

- Go and open it already! - she snapped as she pushed me out of the kitchen so I went to the door to open it.

And when I did...

- Surprise!!

It was Amanda.

I had to blink quickly a few times to make sure I'm not daydreaming and when I was done...

- Amanda... - I mumbled.

- Dad! Aren't you happy to see me? - she laughed as she hugged me.

At this point I got so happy that as I hugged her back I even picked her up.

- I take this as you're happier than I thought you are - she said while laughing and in the meantime we both got into the house.

- When did you arrive?! And why didn't you tell me you're coming now!? I could've gone to pick you up from the airport!

- I wanted to surprise you! - she replied - Well... We wanted to... - she added.

- We?

And now I understood everything.

- Selvaggia...?

- Exactly! - I heard her voice from behind me as she even hugged me - I wanted to see you happy... And by happy I mean truly happy with your daughter.

- She was really nice as she explained to me that she wanted to surprise you - Amanda smiled - And I just couldn't say no to this!

- Thank you... - I mumbled - Both of you... You have no idea how happy you made me feel... - I said while I hugged both of them happily - You girls are the best!

They both just smiled and hugged me back and soon we had a lovely breakfast together...