4. Curses.

While life in Gurukul was hard for the 100 sons of Dhritarashtr, the children of Pandu felt more like at home each day, after all, they began their journey in the forests, where there was meditation and peace, as opposed to the palace, which was filled with deceit and power.

" Karunika. Today you will learn about the kala of Tandul-kusum-bali-vikar. I will teach you the various types of flowers to be bought for each dev, and you will present to me the ready thali of 5 devs and devis, by the end of 2 prahar. " Guruma told Karunika.

" Ji Guruma. I know about some. Like Devon ke Dev Mahadev is offered bel patr, but not ketaki. Shri Hari Narayan and Devi Lakshmi are offered parijat. I wish to learn more." Lakshmija said.

"I have a question, Gurumata. If I ask Gurudev to teach me shastr vidya, would he be amenable? " Karunika expressed her query.

" Perhaps not putri. He is very admant about his choice of shishy. However you may try asking. " Gurumata said.

" Ji. I'll try for sure. " Karunika resolutely spoke.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"Gurudev Dron. Pranipat. " She greeted, touching his feet.

" Kalyan ho putri. What is it you want to say to me? " Gurudev asked.

" Gurudev, would you teach me shastr vidya? I am very eager to learn. " She replied.

"Why do you want to leatn shastr and astr vidya. You have 105 brothers putri, you need not learn any knowledge of shastr. " Gurudev said, sceptical.

" Gurudev, any knowledge learnt can never go to waste. Of course I have my 5 brothers to protect me. But every human should be able to defend themselves when the time comes. In the face of an enemy, I need to be prepared. Above all that, I am the eldest sister. It is my dharm to protect my anuj. Please agree Gurudev. " Karunika pleaded.

" You are right putri. Your reason behind learning the vidya is also right. So you will begin learning from tomorrow morning. If you are late, forget about me teaching you anything. " The son of Bharadvaj warned.

" Yes. Aagya Gurudev." She went away, hiding her giddy smile.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

" Yudhishthir! Bheem! Arjun! Nakul! Sahdev! Come here, I have some very good news. " She called, excited like a little child was offered laddoo and jalebi.

" Jyeshtha, we are here. Why do you sound so excited? Did bharta Bheem finally cook food for you rather than eating yours? " Arjun jested.

"Arre nahi. Something better. Gurudev agreed to teach me shastr vidya with all of you . We start tomorrow morning. "
She told them.

" That's wonderful Jyeshtha. We are happy for you. " Yudhishthir said, solemnly.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

" Today we start with your shastr vidya. Pick up the spear. "Gurudev ordered.

Karunika, so excited to learn nearly poked herself in the eye while tring to pick up the spear.

" The most important lesson while learning anything is patience. You need to be patient. Or else, just like now you might hurt yourself" Gurudev told her.

" Ji Gurudev. "

As the years passed, the kururajkumar, and their rajkumaari learnt all the things which would make them exceptional warriors, and rulers.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

" Eklavya, if you have accepted me as your guru, then you must give me my gurudakshina. You must give me your right thumb in gurudakshina. " The insecure Bharadvaj putr said.