8. Lakshagrih

The puja for Pitashree's memory was held on the seventh morning after our arrival to Varnavart and Mata Kunti was spiralling waiting for Arjun to join us, despite our insistence that he will reach on time.

The news of bhrata Karn being Mata Kunti's son, and the new Yuvraj of Kuntibhoj had spread like wildfire, and hilariously, with the news of him being the Yuvraj, another, and in Karunika's opinion, a juicier news spread. It was about Jyesht Karn being of marriageable age.

All week, marriage proposals were being sent to Mata and Matamah Kuntibhoj from various kings, eager to have their daughters married off to her brother.

While this was hilarious, it also took the brothers heat off of her, and Yuvraj Adam, as their main motive in life was to tease their Jyeshth.

"Putr, what about Raajkumari Vrushali from Kaikaye? She is said to be a very knowledgeable woman, and is also the dev prasad of chandr dev. Her beauty is known all over Aryavart. " Kunti told him.

" Mata. We have come here for puja, not to find a suitable bride for me. If you actually want to marry any of your children, marry Karunika off first. She seems to have already chosen her groom. " Karn said.

" Bhratashree! No Mata. Nothing like this. I have only met the Vajji Yuvraj once. He is bhrat Karn's friend. " Karunika said, blushing.

" Jyeshtha. I repeat. No one took the name of any Yuvraj. What is your obsession with the Yuvraj? Whenever we talk about your wedding, you bring him up. Tell us the truth. You want to marry him don't you! " Nakul said.

" Mata! " Karunika whined, running to her mother and sitting next to her. " See, this is all they do. Trouble me. "

" Putron. Maun. It is not nice to trouble your elder sister. She will marry whomever she wants, what is it to you? " Kunti fake scolded.

" But Mata, she's my anuja. " Karn said.

" Yes, and ? "

" That means I CAN tease her. " Karn said triumphant.

Kunti walked over to Karn, who was smiling gleefully.

" Aaah! ah! Mata! Leave my ear please! I promise . I won't trouble her. Aiii! " Karn yelled.

Meanwhile, Karunika made faces at him from behind her.

" Putron. Putri, all of you come to the temple for the worship. We'll wait for Arjun in the meantime.x she ordered, finally leaving Karn' ears.

" Ji mata. "

The second mata Kunti left. Karunika ran to her room. The handsome prince's face imprinted in her mind.

'How is it, that merely meeting him has made me question every person in my life till now? It feels as if I am part of a dream world whenever I imagine his eyes. They looked like swirls of blue, housing the oceans of the world. I must write to him. I hope he feels the same.' She thought.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The puja went by successfully, with Arjun joining them at the last moment. His presence calmed maa's mind, and we enjoyed the prasaad.

"Maharani, Mahamantri Vidur had sent a gift for you all." The guard from Hastinapur said.

" What is it? Have you also been sent with a message? " Kunti asked, her mind fidgeting with the possible messages.

" He has sent a bag of rice, as well as the message, that one grain of rice becomes a full field when sowed into the soil, as well as these few das for your service. They hold a message for you Yuvraj, to be opened in private. "