33. Let it begin

The family was sitting in a giant room, discussing the plan ahead.

" Madhav. We need to start accumulating the armies. If they have refused peace, we need to start the war. "

" Yatharth Parth. We must also decide the date of the war. "

" That will be decided by Jyeshtha. She is the torchbearer of this war. She'll decide the
date. " Yudhishthir said.

" Uchit hai. We'll decide the date and begin gathering armies. We have the army of Matsya, Vajji , Kashi, Kaikey, Panchal, Madr, Kuntibhoj, the neighbouring kimgdoms of Vajji and more. We have a strong opposition. " Karn said.

" But Jyeshth, we still will be having less armies. Duryodhan has more supporters than us. We are still going to be short. " Bheem added thoughtfully.

" As long as we have Madhav, we have the world. " Arjun answered, looking at his friend with pride.

" Arjun is right. Keshav is with us. Karn, you five, my wife, we are all great warriors. We need to be strong. That is what truly matters. " Adam prompted .

The sabha dispersed that day.
Adam walked back to his room to find Karunika holding Nakul and Arjun by the ears.

" Is it true? Did Keshav really do that? Or are you trying to make fun of me. I understand that he fixed the marriage of Abhimanyu with Uttara. They are of age. But you are trying to say that he is creating proximity between my daughter and Yuvraj? "

" Ji Jyeshtha. He is manipulating her. " Nakul said.

" Arre. Atleast leave our ears. What did we do wrong? We come and tell you and you are punishing us? " Arjun said, trying to run away.

" Is it true?" Adam interrupted their mad show. His wife did need to leave her brothers alone sometimes. Poor men have wives and they still have to suffer, from three sides.

" JIJASHREE! Save us! " They screamed, running to hide behind him.

" Don't worry. She won't say anything. " He told them, laughing.

" What ? Why won't I? " She said, still mad.

He gestured to his brother-in-laws to leave. As they did leave, " Parihar. " He said.

" Arya. What are you doing? " Karunika said, now confused.

"Shhhh." He said, holding a finger against his lips. He went behind her,a piece of cloth in his hand which went over her eyes.

" Arya. What are you doing? We have become too old now. What are you planning? " She asked, searching for him with her hands.

" We are never too old for love Karunika. Mein tumse prem karta hoon. Karunika. Kal kiya tha, aaj karta hoon aur agle sat janmon tak karta rahoonga. " He whispered taking her away.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The two lovers stood in front of the most beautiful waterfall Adam could have found.

" Why are we near a water body?"

He gently opened the blindfold, revealing the most beautiful scene she had seen.

A beautiful waterfall, with glowing blue plants around it, green lush trees where bright yellow and red flowers would spread their beautiful fragrance.

" Wow

" Wow. This is beautiful. How did you find this? " She asked, watching as he sat her down on a cloth, with mithai to share.

" I came by hunting for your flowers when I found this. When I found the garden, why would I take a flower away? So I brought you here. " He said, holding her close.

They sat there in happiness and joy. Taking in the calm before the storm. He put his head in her lap, while she sung beautiful songs of love to him. That was their love. No words, just peace, quiet. One they had searched for since leaving their forest. One they found with the birth of their children.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Keshav! How dare you try and play your games with my daughter? She is not some pawn you can play with! " Karunika said, walking into his room, furious.

"Come Jyeshtha. I was waiting for you. "

"You have no right to play with my daughter's feelings. She is but a child. How can you do this. Why are you setting her up to break her heart. No one knows who will die in this war. I cannot have her a widow. Not so soon. Please Krishn. I can't watch her in that pain so soon. " She said, now hands joined in front of him, falling to her knees.

" Jyeshtha! Please. What are you doing? Please stand up. Jyeshtha. Your daughter will not become a widow. I promise you. But this marriage is necessary for the betterment of society. "

"But isn't there any other way? She's only sixteen. She doesn't understand the world yet. "

" Jyeshtha. If you don't leave her hand, how will she learn how to grab it back when she needs to? She needs to be set free, to learn about the world. "

"She doesn't need to do that. Her mata is here to teac-"

"So you are falling into your moh for your daughter? " He asked, interrupting her tirade.

" What moh Keshav? It's my love-"

" Love doesn't bind Jyeshtha. It sets one free. You are binding your own daughter. Tell me, you have a vehement dislike for mata Gandhari's putr moh. How are you being any different? " He tried riling her up.

" Mata Gandhari let her sons do adharm, over and over because she feared their lives. I only fear for her innocence. " She said, now angry.

" No. You are both binding your children from the understanding of the world. In hopes of saving your daughter, you are becoming her. " He said.

" I can't. That can't be true Keshav. Alright. Promise me, she won't become a widow. That is all I ask. I gave the responsibility of my honor to you once. Today I am holding you responsibile. I trust you. I hope what you are doing is right. Right by her, right by aryavart. Right by destiny. But if my daughter suffers, like her mother had to, you would see me beyond your worst nightmares. This is not a threat dear Keshav. It is a mother's promise. " She said, solemnly.

" I promise Jyeshtha. She will not be hurt. I promise you. " He said, wiping a tear away.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Maharaj, the warriors are ready. The armies are ready for war. We must swiftly decide a date. " Karn told Yudhishthir.

" Maharani Karunika? "

" I have decided to hold the war on Shukla Paksh Ekadashi of Agrahayan. We will start our struggle for dharm that day. It will be the most fateful day in the history of aryavart."

" Uchit hai. Prepare the armies. We will have a mahabharat. Adharmis will be punished, spectators killed. We will start the war. We will establish
dharm. " Sahdev vowed.

________________________________

Hello lovely people. They begin the war soon. Don't worry. Uttar will not die. He will be fine.

Please understand. They did get married at such young ages. Look at Abhimanyu and Uttara. It's part of their lifestyle . Karunika would not back down without a fight and she secured her child's happiness.

As always, share your opinions on the chapters through comments and votes.

Much love.

Radhekrishn