28. Death of Criminals

The phalgun month passed rather quickly, with Karn guarding Karunika during the days to prevent Duryodhan from coming near her. However, he couldn't protect his brother's wife, Draupadi from Keechak's lustful gaze. One day, ladoos reached Karunika.

A little boy ran up to her.

" Devi! Devi! Ladoo Maharaj. I mean. Vallabh Maharaj, and Vallabhi have sent besan ladoos for you. They say it's important for your puja. "

" Vallabh has sent ladoos? Oh! You're such a sweet child. Thank you. You may have half the plate of ladoos for your kind job. " She told him, holding his face gently.

'Bheem has sent ladoos. What seems to be wrong? '

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Bheem! Why did you call us all here? We are nearing the end of the agyatvas. It is dangerous for us to meet now. " Devika said sternly.

" Bhabhsishree. There is bad news. Duryodhan, Dushasan and mamashree Shakuni are here. In Matsya.

" That is true. He came to see me. No doubt looking for me amongst women with veiled faces. Be careful. All of you. " Karunika told them, when she watched Draupadi make faces in disgust.

" Draupadi. What is wrong? "

" Jiji. Wo - That Keechak. He has his eyes set on me. It is disgusting. "

" He dared to touch my wife! Look at her with poor intentions! He deserves to die! " Arjun said angrily.

' You didn't kill the first one. That is why people tried to do it again' Karunika thought angrily.

"  You can't go and kill him bhrata Arjun . We'll be revealed. We have to plan it. We need to ensure no one finds out we're here. We need to do this stealthily. " Sahdev said.

" We can't do it stealthily Arya. The more the secrets, the easier it is to look for them. We need to create distractions. If we attempt to attack him, he will shout. He is the sarsenapati of the kingdom. " Meenakshi mused.

" She's right. We need to be smart about this. I will go kill him. I couldn't protect my sister the first time. I will protect her now. " Bheem said, keeping a hand on Draupadi's head.

" But Bheem. We need to plan. How will you enter his room? "

" Leave that to us Jyeshtha. We can distract him long enough in the halls with dance and music. " Arjun told her, while Meenakshi agreed.

" I have been invited into his room, tomorrow night. Bhrata Bheem can be in the room, while I'll walk in
later. " Draupadi said .

" As Bheem begins to fight him, we'll start teaching Raajkumari Uttara the raudr tandav. He should die while we worship Kaal Bhairav. " Meenakshi says.

" I'll sing it for you. Invite me to the palace at night. "

" We'll let the cows and horses free. No one will say anything. " Nakul prompted.

" I'll make sounds in the kitchen. I'll play it off as clumsiness. " Valandhara said.

" I'll invite Maharaj to a game of chausar. He won't be able to deny. " Yudhishthir said.

" So it is settled. Tomorrow night. Keechak will meet his end. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

As Karunika was walking into the palace, she was caught by Duryodhan and Dushasan.

" Arre. Dushasan. This is the same lady who refused to join us in Hastinapur. What happened sunderi? You said you have lived and will die in the temples. What happened. Greed overcame morals? " He said laughing.