40. Truth comes out. ... again.

Đ₳Ɏ 16

The day was unfateful for the Kaurav army.

Angraj Dandik was made the Kuru senapati. Maharaj Shaly his sarthi.

There was fierce fighting between the two sides, Arjun Karn and Dandik. They fought over and over.

Abhimanyu, Moksh and Neelansh kept Duryodhan occupied.

To say Duryodhan was shocked to see Abhimanyu would be an understatement.

His shock was so loud that he could not avert five of seven arrows launched by Neelansh.

" Abhimanyu! I thought we killed you tomorrow! " He said, fighting with his gada.

" Tajshree! I told you yesterday itself. I won't be defeated so easily. Today our buashree will get her justice. "

" Aaargh! " He yelled back, attacking them ferociously.

As the three of them kept Duryodhan and Shakuni occupied, Dandik was kept occupied by Karn and Arjun.

" Jyeshth? If we launch a shakti astr now, each we can kill him. Com on! Jyeshth! We need to be quick! " Arjun yelled as he kept Dandik distracted.

Karn took the stance to do so, but just as he did, Dandik launched a deadly arrow at him, one laced with the poisons of the forest and Nagrag Takshak himself.

" Jyeshth! " Arjun screamed, jumping off oh his rath, running across the field.

' When you most require your knowledge, it will become lost to you! This is my curse! ' Mahaguru Parshuram said sadly, remorse in his eyes as Karunika stood by, too shocked to say anything.

Karn looked up, just in time to see Arjun, holding the arrow by its shaft.

" Jyeshth? What happened? " He asked, shocked. His Jyeshth's knowledge was unparalleled, he knew more than him.

" My curse. " Was all he could whisper.

" So it has now been fulfilled KuntibhojSamrat. " Krishn said.

" Yes Vasudev. But the circumstances are unusual. "

" Why so Maharaj. A person needs their knowledge the most when they have to fight for their own lives. Had Parth not been there, you would have died, instantly. The curse took it's effect. You are now free. " He said, now smiling.

The war between the two sides began yet again and just then,

" Pitashree! Tajshree! Tajshree Bheem has trapped Kakashree Dushasan. Moksh has gone to get Buashree from the camp. " Arjun's son, Shrutkarm said.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Bheem was now dragging Dushasan by his hair across the field.

Karunika stepped down the chariot to look at her brother.

He threw Dushasan at Karunika's feet, looking up at her with eyes full of determination.

" Jyeshtha! This man touched your pure hair and body with his arms. I will remove his arms from his body! " He roared, grabbing and pulling his arms apart.

Blood splattered on both Bheem's face and Karunika's clothes.

Adam reached the place, running upto stand behind his wife. A hand on her shoulder. The one that kept her from crumbling right there and there.

This was justice. Wasn't it?

Putri. No mother deserves to know that her son died such a gruseome death. Please, have mercy on your own brother's soul. He would be shattered later.