24. I'm Blessed.

" Arya. Yudhishthir. If you two don't leave me alone, I will personally go jump into the water. " A heavily pregnant Karunika shrugged the two off her, as they tried their best to support her. If Adam thought Karunika was stubborn and strong before, he was mistaken. Her pregnancy amplified her nature. He feared her sometimes.

" Alright, Jyeshtha. We'll go." Yudhishthir said, walking away, while Adam, knowing his wife just mentally counted down, ' three, two, one'.

" Would you leave me here? Alone? How will I manage back to the hut ? What if I get hurt. You don't ca-care-care about me anymore. I don't want to talk to you. " She said, crying, while all Adam could do was try not to burst into laughter at Yudhishthir's shocked face.

" But Jyeshtha-"

"Arre Priy. He meant that he will walk in front of us to protect you, while I'll walk with you. Three feet apart. Alright? " He said, pacifying his wife.

" You're just saying that. He's going to leave me alone. See putr. Or putri. Your mamashree will leave me alone. " She said, now having a full blown meltdown.

" I thought I was done after Devika. I didn't expect to do it once more." Yudhishthir muttered. "Jyeshtha. I am not going anywhere. See I'm just walking in front of you. Ok? " He said, walking up to his sister.

" Okay. " She said, hand in hand with the yuvraj.

The Samrat of Indraprasth could solve every problem in the world with his dharm by his side. Women were the only exception.

Seven months had passed since they had come to the forest and Karunika's pregnancy news was brought upon. The brothers insisted that she go back, but she stood by them, remembering Keshav's words.

As they reached the hut, Karunika, already overwhelmed by the walk to and from the river for bath, was bombarded by the care her other brothers would give her.

" HAI NARAYAN! LEAVE ME ALONE. BOTH OF YOU. " She said, when Karunika who refused to eat her food was cajoled by her husband.

"Arre. At least tell me where you are going . Karunika! " Adam yelled, while the others stood, laughing at him.

" Now what shall I do. "

" It's really simple Jijashree. Go apologize to her. " Nakul said.

"Apologize... For what? "

"Nothing. But the easiest way to get her to listen to you would be to apologize. " Bheem said.

" Right. I'm going. Be safe all of you. "

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

" Priy. Where did you run off to?"

" Here. " Came a soft voice.

He saw his wife, tired, sitting near the river bank.

" Do you want to come back now? "

" Hmm. First I want some
water. "

" You sit here, I'll get some from the river for you. "

As Adam went to the river for the water, he was attacked by an unknown force. Karunika who was waiting for her husband to come up to her, was struck. She saw the dead body of her own husband, rather than him bringing her water.

"Arya! Arya! Who are you? Who is the one who has taken your life? Whoever you are, I will fight you. You tried to steal a husband from his wife, a father from his unborn child. I will not spare you! " She cried, wiping her tears to move towards the water. It was possible he was not dead. As she also tried the water by the river, she lay on the Ground, by her husband, presumably dead.