41. Loopholes.

" The question is, whether you will still do it? For the good of Aryavart. " Keshav said, walking up to them.

Karunika and Adam wiped their tears away, looking at their brother and friend.

" I can't! I don't have the strength to do it. Up until now everything I did was a physical battle. This, this is more than that Keshav. This is not something one just decides to do. I can't betray my own husband like that, even if he sends me to do it. I will never be able to look at myself with respect. " She told Murari.

" But Karunika-"

" One moment mitr. How will you be betraying your husband Jyeshtha? "

" I will be letting a strange man completely unrelated to me lay his head in my lap. I feel that's a betrayal. "

" So if a Rishi or a Muni would do that, would you still consider it a betrayal? "

" Of course not. Every father has a right to lay down his worries in front of his daughter. They do it with the same right. They are revered as fathers. " She answered, perplexed. Where was he going with this?

" So if Angraj puts his head down as your brother, won't you be able to do that? " He said, finally smiling.

The gears in Adam's brain finally clicked.

" This seems a suitable solution doesn't it Priye? You won't even feel like it's wrong. It's not betrayal if it is your brother. "

" But Krishn. It is adharm to make someone your brother, only for satisfying your own needs. " She said, simmering anger beneath the surface of confusion and disbelief.

" Dharm is dependent on intention. Haven't you yourself said so? Your dharm is to fulfill Mahadev's boon. How, that you don't have to explain now do you? " He told her, a hand on her shoulder as she finally thought about it with care.

" You are right Keshav. But still. -"

" Aaaah. Someday. Someday we'll do this to you as well. " He told her as Adam simply laughed at the scene in front of him. Krishn trying to release her hold on his ears.

" Anyways. Arya, a katari please." She asked.

As he took it out to give her, he reassured her. It would be fine.

" I, Pandu Suta, Kuntija, Lakshmija Karunika, take an oath, that from today onwards, I will consider Angraj Dandik as my brother, till his death. He will have the re-respect I give to my anuj brothers. Let his soul rest in peace after his death. If my patnidharm was always pure and true, if my matridharm never differentiated between my children, let this be true. "  She said, as the clouds started to pour.

" What? Jyeshtha? " Came a voice. A betrayed voice. A tortured, pained and confused voice.

" Kumari? "

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

" Listen to me! Please! Arjun! Jyeshth! Please! Listen to me -aah. " She said as she slipped, on a wet patch, falling face first.

" What else is there to listen Kumari? We are fighting for your honour and you have made our greatest enemy -You have given him a stand in your life which is equal to ours. We can't forgive you for this, ever. " Karn said, his voice vanishing in the pouring rain as she finally sat down by a tree. Defeated. They won't listen to her yet.

Once he tells the others it will result in more chaos.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

" Jyeshtha did what! " Bheem shouted.

" Ji bhratashree. "

" I cannot believe Jyeshtha would do something like this. " Nakul said, while Sahdev nodded his head in agreement.