21. Dasi nahi YUVRANI!

The rajparivar of Indrprasth, reluctantly stepped into Hastinapur, following the lead of their Samrat and Samragyi.

" Samrat ka rajy amar ho. " Maharaj Dhritarashtr said, while Maharani Gandhari greeted Samrat and his wife with an aarti.

" Samrat and Samragyi are welcomed to the event. We hope you enjoy your time here. " Maharaj Dhritarashtr announced, welcoming them.

The family watched as many different kalas were presented, from music to dance, even poetry and literature were put up. Debates were undertaken on books and stories as well as brilliant art works.

Karunika and Sahdev however, sat by, watching carefully, as they were the only ones not calmed by the serenity of the music and the vibrance of the dance. Both for different reasons, but umsettled all the same.

"Jyeshtha, I feel this is some sort of trap. I don't trust mamashree Shakuni, bhrata Suyodhan Or Angraj Dandik. I hope, at the first sign of trouble, you will send Bhabhishrees away. This place is not suitable for them. "

"You are right Sahdev. We must be vigilant. I will make sure to let no harm cone to my dear bhabhis. " She promised him.

As the presentations were brought to an end, Suyodhan said, " Samrat, as per the notice sent to you, I hope you will be merciful enough to enjoy a game of Dyut with me. " He said, standing in front of him.

" Avashy Bhrata Suyodhan. Aarambh ho. "

As they moved towards the courthall to play, the minute the veil lifted from the board, Karunika was stunned. This was not a good sign. Her brothers need to leave. But Yudhishthir would not listen right now. He was bound.

" I will first read out the rules. " Gandharaj said, beginning with the first rule as, " First rule, every game will be witnessed by Mahamahim Bheeshm and Mahamantri Vidur, to ensure dharm is being followed. "

" Sweekar hai. "

" Secondly, any thing, in possession of a king is acceptable to be bet on and so is any personal property. "

" Sweekar hai. "

" Lastly, no women will be allowed in the sabha. " He announced, leading to raised heads, from both parties, while Gandharnaresh simply smiled.

"Why can't we be here? " The Samragyi asked sceptical.

" Samragyi. Dyut is a game of mind and not emotions. Your being here is not helpful for us." Suyodhan said.

" Do you expect us to not be able to remain calm in the game? Do you doubt our patience mamashree? " Valandhara asked.

" Nahi. Nahi kumari not so. It is just to maintain a sense of decorum-"

"Kshama Gandharnaresh. But decorum? What decorum. It is a game, not bets on family and friends that their need be decorum. " Draupadi announced.

" Nahi kumari. "

"Sweekar hai. " Yudhishthir announced, much to Karunika's chargin.

" Samrat! What kind of decision is this? You have not asked or consulted your Yuvrani-"

"Yuvrani Karunika. Samrat's decision is that of acceptance. Do you have the courage to go against him? " Rajkumaar Sushasan asked her.

"I have the courage to go against my own brother when he is wrong Rajkumaar. Unlike you. " She said.

"Putri Karunika. The Samrat had announced his decision. You must leave." Maharaj Dhritarashtr said.

" Alright. One moment. " She said fiercely, walking upto the Samrat.