29. My children !

With the war abated, the family was getting ready to formally present themselves after the agyatvas. The Maharani of Vajji sat in her room while she was getting ready. The dasis were around her. Getting her ready for the sabha. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone leaning against the doors.

"Does the husband of Vajj Maharani have permission to enter ?"

"The maharaj of Vajji is welcome everywhere concerning me. My room and my heart. Parihar." She ordered the dasis.

"My lovely wife, how hard has it been without you with me." He said, rushing to be by her side , standing next to her. He helped her stand and pulled her into her arms. That was peace. That promised them hope. Hope to fight what was coming. Karunika had been a patient lady this past year, but now her patience had crossed its boundaries. Her husband was here. She was at peace.

" I see our son feels he can participate in a swayamvar now. He has grown up so much." She whispered, looking up into his beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"He doesn't want to participate in the swayamwar. He says he's too young to be 'bound' by marriage right now. He needs to find his purpose." He told her , looking back down into hers. The ones he'd seen in his son. But they were lovelier on her face.

" I'm proud of him. He knows what he wants. Where is Aahana ? Where's my darling daughter?"

" She will be arriving shortly. I came here for trade and army relations. Keechak being alive was hindering too many of my proposals. He wouldn't let me push for anything . Now that someone killed him is just so much easier for me."

"Not someone, Bheem. He was lusting after Krishnaa. So we hatched a plan to kill him."

"So you were the woman Moksh was telling me about the other day."

"What do you mean Arya ?"

"Moksh was telling me how a dev kanya was coming into the palace , and was troubled by the two idiots of Hastinapur. He said he'd reached their on time."

"He's right. If he hadn't reached on time, I don't know what I would have done.Duryodhan and Dushasan's touch was making me feel like chopping their hands off with a knife. That would have revealed my identity."

"I swear, if Bheem had not made his vow about killing all hundred sons of Dhritrashtr, I would kill them myself." He fumed, moving away from her, sitting on her bed.

She went to him, sitting by his legs,her head in his lap, " Arya, don't worry. This dharm yuddh will now establish dharm. Seventeen years of my life in the forest were peaceful. Relaxing. Coming to Hastinapur took that peace away. They attempted to kill my brothers Arya. He thought my mother was collateral damage. I won't spare their family . Mata Gandhari seems desperate to save her sons. But she didn't stop them when they took up the path of adharm, she didn't stop her brother. She didn't take a stand against him when they were wrong. She tied a cloth to cover her eyes, to follow her patni dhar,. But she forgot about her mata Dham. She was blinded, not by the cloth but by her putr moh." She told him, while he sat there, moving his hands through her hair. There was no better place to be.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Saavdhaan ! Chakravarti Samrat Yudhishthir , Samragi Devika padhar rahe hain!

Yuvraj Bheem, Yuvrani Valandhara, Rajkumar Arjun, Rajkumari Draupadi , Rajkumari Subhadra, Rajkumar Nakul, Rajkumari Karenumati, Rajkumar Sahdev , Maharani Meenakshi padhar rahe hain !

Maharaj Karn , Yuvraj Neelansh padhar rahe hain !

Maharaj Adam, Maharani Karunika padhar rahe hain ! Yuvraj Moksh padhar rahe hain !