18. Not my home.

As the brothers and Karunika approached Khandavprasth with their praja, they were attacked by Naagraj Takshak's naags, who managed to poison every single praja jan who had joined the pandavs. While her bhabhis were vigorously running around trying to treat the prajajans, Karunika had to remind them, that these snakes were mayavi and hence, only they themselves could remove the poison.  To force the snakes out of the forest, Arjun set fire to the forest, ensuring no trees were burnt and due to this, he invited Devraj Indr's anger, leading to a fierce fight between the two of them. The fight could only be broken, when her bhrata Krishn joined in, preventing the collision of the vajr with another divyastr. Her brothers freed mayasur, who was also in the forests and asked him to make a royal palace for them.

" With this palace, we shall invite the jealous stares of many kings Vasudev. " Yudhishthir said.

" Yudhishthir. The opulence in our Mahal will make the praja proud of their kingdom. They will be proud of it and will persuade them to work harder for their kingdom." Karunika told him reassuringly.

Suddenly, Bheem walked into the room, kicking everything in his way, fuming in rage.

"Bheem!  What is going on? " Karunika asked, while his wife ran upto her, holding his hand, to try to calm him down.

" Jyeshtha. Anarth. They have refused to let anyone come to Indraprasth for the Nagarpujan. " Bheem yelled.

" Not even the raj parivar can attend. "

"Which means, mata can't
attend. " Arjun finished, glaring at the ground in rage, as if it would offer a solution.

" But arya, who can stop our mata from joining us? Why? " Draupadi asked, confused.

" Sakhi, even for nagarpujan you all need the permission of Maharaj Dhritarashtr. He has thankfully allowed that already. " Keshav told them.

" Bhrata Yudhishthir. You are the Maharaj. Jyeshtha you are the Yuvrani. You can order us, to go and get mata back. " Sahdev said.

" Sahdev. We cannot lend you the army, or provide you with the right to first attack, as that will start a war. " Yudhishthir said.

" But we definitely can ask you to go appeal to the Maharaj to allow mata to come here to Indraprasth. We can definitely ask you to lift your weapons in self defence only. " Karunika added.

" But remember. We can't be the first ones to attack. "

" Arya! Arya! Arya! Mata Kunti has sent a letter. " Devika said, running into the room.

" Padho Devika." Karunika urged.

" Jiji. Arya. Mata has said, that she won't set foot into Indraprasth untill we are free. Untill Indraprasth is a free kingdom, we cannot do any of this. "

" Alright but -" Karunika was interrupted by the sound of the nagadas, indicating a royal arrival.

" Saavdhan. Vajji ka raajparivar evam Kuntibhoj Samrat Karn and his wife, Maharani Vrushali padhar rahe hain. "

" Jyeshth!" They all said, running towards the gate, to see their eldest brother and his wife, his heavily pregnant wife. 

" Jyeshth!  How are you? How's everything in Kuntibhoj. I am sure you're a wonderful king. Bhabhishree. How are you ? You look beautiful. " Karunika rambled, when suddenly, Yudhishthir came from behind her and whispered, " Jyeshtha, you are Indraprasth's Yuvrani. We must greet them with aarti thal, followed by greeting the Vajji family. After all, your premi has come along. "

She stepped back, red faced, while her anuj brother Krishn just laughed at her fate.

" Pranipat Maharaj Karn. Pranipat Maharani Vrushali. 
Pranipat Vajji Naresh. Pranipat Maharani Nalini. Pranipat Yuvraj
Adam. Pranipat Rajkumaari Meenakshi. Welcome to Indraprasth. I hope you enjoy your stay here. "  Yudhishthir greeted them.