10. Injured rishis, and a solemn Dayanidhi

The time in Vanvas was going rather smoothly for the family. They had eventually reached the place where their lives had begun, the village where they lived before going to the palace. Priyamvada and her daughter would daily cook food for the brothers and the others would do the daily tasks of inviting the rishi munis for bhog. It was a peaceful life, until someone asked Dayanidhi, if he had seen her before, and despite her stern refusal, he was persistent.

That very night the family left the village.

They were moving through the Kamaky forests one day, when....

" Bhrata. Please stop. We are very tired. " Ashwanath said, panting.

" We can't stay here long Ashwanath. We need to keep moving. " Bal told him sternly.

" But bhrata-"

"Ashwa! " Priyamvada cried, when he collapsed, his tired body unable to take the strain of having to survive without food since the past four days.

" Ashwa! Ashwa! Wake up you idiot. You still have to find a very beautiful bhabhi for me to match your beauty. Wake up. " Dayanidhi said, each moment he lay fainted increasing her heartbeat.

" Jyeshtha. Please calm down. He'll be fine. Bhrata Rujut, bring some water, and neem leaves with two stones. " Sahdev ordered calmly.

" Kumari, mata ,shant. He'll be alright. See Gopal is making medicines for him isn't he. He'll manage. We only need to feed him. Come, we'll search for fruits, and if we find some root vegetables, we'll cook them over the fire. Come with me. " Vasuni told them, trying to pacify his family. Ever since they knew the truth about his birth, while Dayanidhi was an exceptional anuja, she often slipped into her roles as the eldest, but her family's harm reminded her of the struggles they were facing, and she became someone she had left long back. The girl who was sitting in front of her Narayan, crying about her father's death. In one world, she allowed herself to be vulnerable. It was at these moments when Vasuni realised how much she had suffered. Howuch they had suffered. All at the hands of a vile man who was misleading his own nephew.

Who in their right mind would still hold so much compassion in their hearts, after repeated threats to her families lives. He was sure, that if mata allowed, she would be ready to stand in front of even Pitamah Bheeshm to fight for her family, as would the rest of them. But these incidents only increased his respect for her , the one who became his friend before anything.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Dharmjeet told me that you were crying the other day. Is it true? "

" Me? Crying? When? " She asked, perplexed.

" When you went away mad at us all because of our teasing. "

"Oh. No it's fine. I had a moment of weakness. Now I'm alright. " She said, eyes downcast to hide the truth.

" You do know it is not advisable to suppress your emotions right?" He asked gently.

" Jyeshth, we have come here to find fruits and vegetables for Ashwa's health. It is better we do that rather than meditating about past incidents. " She said, finality ringing in her tone.

" Alright. I accept that. But you do understand you can talk to me, right. I'm your Jyeshth. " He said, old fears creeping in.

" Avashy Jyeshth. Oh look. I see some watermelons near that pond. We solved both our problems. " She yelled excitedly.

Suddenly, the grass rustled, and both the siblings took out their katari.

" Who's there! " Vasuni asked.