37. Ekadasham, Dwadasham, Trayodasham.... Sanghar

Đ₳Ɏ 11
The eleventh day of the war noticed a change in command, as Mahaguru Dron himself stepped on the warfield.

His only target, was to capture Yudhishthir, for which he set up multiple traps.

At one instance, he did succeed in breaking Yudhishthir's bow, but just as Guru Dron would try to take him captive, Arjun and Karn came in, with a hoard of arrows, defeating Gurudev for at least a short time. They kept him engaged in battle, all along as Yudhishthir escaped the site to fight other warriors.

He just managed to save Raajkumar Uttar, who had decided to put himself in the way of a spear headed for the Samrat.
His bravery was worthwhile and even though he was saved, it should be praised. He was ready to risk his life, so that the Samrat need not die.

As they came back to camp that day, the brothers told Karunika and their wives all about Guru Dron's skill and power, which would soon lead them to an end.

As Karunika did get to know about Uttar and his life, she looked up at her anuj and her silent thank you was more than just a token of gratitude.

It was reassurance to Yudhishthir that his Jyeshtha wouldn't step on the field. It was reassurance to Karunika that her family, including her nephews, sons and everyone included, would not be killed. It was a reassurance of peace.

" Krishn. Thank you. You have kept your promise. I am very sorry for the way I spoke to you that day. I -I was just a worried mother and I threatened my own brother! " She said, looking up at him.

" Jyeshtha. Your words have always given me a chance to be better. You have no idea how much I will have to listen to and how many curses I'll receive after this war ends. " He told her, a comforting hand on her shoulder.

" Yet, the sound of curses among the sounds of peace, dharm and prosperity will not be louder than the others won't it? It will be strength. It will be our way to give back to the world. " She said, trying to make him happy.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Đ₳Ɏ 12

To trap Yudhishthir, Arjun amd Karn needed to be sent away. So Guru Dron sent the Trigarta warriors, Susharman in the lead to throw them off. They tried their best, but standing against two of the best archers in the world is really not something one should do if they don't wish to die.

With Susharman dead, they had to fight Bhagdatta, The Maharaj of Pragjyotishpur.

" Maharaj Bhagdatt! Your neighbour Maharaj Adam married our sister. That makes you one of our own. Won't you give us a chance to show you our hospitality? " Arjun goaded as he shot the killing blow with his sword on the king.

" Arjun. Look what you did. You killed our family. " Karn said, laughing along.

" We've been killing family since day one of this war Jyeshth. Dharm does not become partial between family and foe and the family who doesn't uphold dharm becomes the foe. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Guru Dron sat frustrated in his
camp. On one hand he couldn't kill his own student and on the other his putr moh wouldn't let him do the dharm that was needed. That was his flaw.

" Gurudev. We have learnt. That on the other side of the army there are only three people who know how to break in and out of the Chakrvyuh. Kuntibhoj Samrat Karn, Arjun and Maharani Karunika. They are rhe ones who know how to get it and out. But oy Abhimanyu is one who knows how to go in and not come out. " Dushasasan said, using his own brain for once.