32. Peace.

The preparations for war were just about to begin, when....

" You want to go there, on a peace treaty, on the request of Maharaj Dhritarashtr? " Karn asked looking at Yudhishthir with the coldest glares possible.

Karunika had gone with her daughter to the markets in the kingdom. She would not like this.

" It is not a wrong idea Jyeshth. War should be avoided for as long as possible. Peace should prevail and war should only take place when peace has lost its meaning. " Krishn interjected.

" So what do you say Madhav. We forget about Jyeshtha's insults? How would we establish dharm then? " Parth asked, confused.

" Parth. Jyeshtha's insult took place because no one was strong enough to speak. However, they don't deserve death for it. Unless they decline peace treaty, no one needs to die. Most importantly innocents . "

" You may be right Vasudev. But that doesn't mean we will ignore their atrocities, most of all on innocents." Bheem said.

" Keshav is right. Yudhishthir is right. We need to propose a peace treaty. We need to be smart. " Karunika said walking in.

" Jyeshtha. What? "

" Nakul, he is right. Peace is the foremost rule of war. We must be compassionate. We cannot become the monsters they are. " She said sternly.

" But Jyeshtha. What about nyay? What about your revenge? " Bheem raged.

" Bheem! My revenge! It was never about my revenge! It was about making sure no one else could be treated like I was. You are here talking about my revenge, my justice when neither of you five could stand up for me. So don't sit there and tell me that proposing peace is wrong because you want to defend my honour. " She furiously said.

Adam who had walked in on his wife raging, came behind her.

"Shaant Priye. Shaant. Remember what your mata said. Remember what Mata Kunti has always said. Be patient, compassionate. You have forgiven them. Don't go back on your words. " He whispered, gently, a hand on her head.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.  He was her ground in the storm, he was her peace in the war. He was her freedom and her home.

" Kshama Kumari. We forget. This is a dharm yudh. We need to be patient . Compassionate. " Karn said, eyes reflecting her pain.

" Uchit hai. Who will go as the bearer of our peace treaty? " Yudhishthir asked.

" Keshav will go. He is the best person for this. " Adam prompted.

" Alright. He will leave soon. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Mata. What about mamashree Yudhishthir. Was he also a playful person? " Moksh asked, head in Karunika's lap.

" He tried not to be, but I had to push him out. He would be stuck inside the huts with his head buried in all the books he could get his hands on. But when he would fight, he would do it exceptionally as well. " She told him, running her fingers through his hair.

" Hmm. That's nice. What
about -"

" Maharani. Samrat Yudhishthir wishes to speak to you. "

" Let him come. "

As Yudhishthir walked in, he smiled, the scene in front of him. Then his heart broke even further.

" Putr Moksh. I wish to talk to your mata. In private. I hope you could give us some time. "

" Ji mamashree. Pranipat. " He said, walking out.

" Parihar. "

The moment the servants left, his face fell. He walked up to the bed, each step making his heart beat faster.