26. Virah

It is said, that life tests you, when you have nothing to answer in the test. It's when you are truly tested. Can you, despite not having anything pass?

Adam didn't think they would this time. Rishi Durvasa and his disciples arrival was their test. How could they serve him anything in the house, when there was nothing left.

What they did have was their own food, but it had already been served. Such wise rishi only deserved fresh food, not leftovers.

As Bheem, Nakul and Sahdev tried to figure out a way to delay the rishis, the brothers sat inside thinking.

" Why did Jyeshtha have to go now. We don't have anything left. Her boon allows for food to be present in the house at all times and this is the time she chose to go get water? " Nakul said, agitated, not at his sister but at their state.

" There's no point in thinking about what ifs and why not Nakul. We must find out ways to figure out our problem. " Yudhishthir said.

' Why isn't Madhav here. He can solve all problems'. Nakul thought.

Suddenly, an arrow was caught by Adam, which was passing by his ear, who looked back in surprise.

He saw the two people in the world who could solve all problems just by being present there.

" Keshav! Karn! Aap yahan? " He asked them, through the hut window.

" My mitr called out to me. I'm here. " Krishan said.

" Come in please. Why are you still outside? " Bheem said, inviting them in.

" How are you bhrata Karn. How is bhabhishree? How is dear Neelansh? " Nakul asked, hugging his Jyeshth, while the others except Yudhishthir joined in.

" They are all fine. My son is now about to be fifteen. It's scary how fast time flies. " He told them as they sat down, massaging his legs.

Yudhishthir, who walked into the hut that moment, worry etched into his face was surprised. " Jyeshth! You are here! Keshav you've also come. " He said, smiling.

" Haan. But see your brothers. They haven't even given us something to eat. " Keshav said, pouting.

" Keshav, we don't have anything to give you and it's our fault. But I'll check if there is something. "

" I'll help you. After all, no one can find food faster than me. I have a trained nose. "

" Trained for mischief, always. " Adam muttered, while his friend just smiled.

As they scoured the house, Bheem ran inside, panting, " Bhrata Yudhishthir, Rishi Durvasa is about to finish his  101  mantrocharan of the gayatri mantr. Please look for something quickly. "

" Ooh look. I found something. " Krishan said, pushing his hand into the pot, from which he took out a single grain of rice.

" Keshav. That is one grain of rice. One grain. " Adam stressed.

" Haan. I'll satisfy myself with this one grain only. " He exclaimed and before anyone could stop him, he consumed it.

Nakul and Sahdev who were standing outside with their hands joint witnessed, what everyone calls a miracle, but Karunika would call Narayan's Leela.

As she approached the hut with the pots of water in her hands, she saw, the rishis. Then she saw them burping, as if they'd had chappan bhog. It was comical. Rishi Durvasa, staring at each of his disciples with shock and anger, till he himself let out one.

The brothers who had walked outside with their friend in tow were equally astonished.

Adam went up to his wife, taking one pot from her, while she looked at him surprised.