15. Misconceptions and Marriages

While her brothers Bheem and Arjun had gone to get soil for the potter, her mother, and Karunika were busy cooking the food necessary. Her Yuvraj and Yudhishthir seemed to be having an engaging discussion on some sort of political proposal.

" Putri. I have seen the respect the Vajji Yuvraj has for you. Why, do you not marry him? I feel you have decided to do it, so why not agree. " Kunti asked her daughter .

" Mata. I will only marry when all of us are able to eat properly, live properly, and survive on our own merits. Not roaming around looking for shelter everyday. Until my mata, my anuj and my Jyeshth are happy, I cannot enjoy happiness. "

" But putri -"

" Mata! Mata! Jyeshtha! Jyeshth!Please come quickly. We have important information. "  Arjun said.

" Mata. Yuvraj Suyodhan, and Angraj Dandik have come to Kampilya. For Raajkumari Draupadi's Swayamvar." Arjun told them.

" Mata. This means we must leave here soon. We can't stay here for long. " Karn mused.

" You are right. Putr. We will leave tomorrow morning itself. "

" Not in the morning Mata.  Mandukan mahoday cannot know we are leaving. We will leave at night. Tonight. "

"  Uchit hai. We'll leave tonight. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Mata,this hut seems well enough to rest in. You and kumari must rest here, while us  brothers will go ask for alms in some neighbouring village. Naimisharanyam is far from here, it's possible we might not be able to rest for long. Nakul and Bheem, you will stay with Mata and kumari. We'll go. "

" Nahi. If you're going, then all of you must stay together. No one goes alone. "

" I'll also accompany them
Mata. " Adam said, surprising Karunika.

" Nahi. You mustn't go. You are our to be brother in law. We can't ask you to help us. " Yudhishthir said sternly.

" But I will become mata's son when I marry your sister won't I. So you'll be my brothers as well. I will go with you. You aren't asking for my help, I am giving it to you. "  He told them.

"  I don't care who goes where. But you all must go together. " Mata Kunti ordered.

" Mata. How can we leave you and Jyeshtha here alone?  It is not safe. " Nakul finally urged.

" Do you doubt my competence Nakul? Just because I don't use my weapons doesn't mean I don't have the knowledge to. Mata and I will be safe. I will protect her. " Karunika told them firmly.

" Go and come back soon. " Mata ordered.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙢𝙫𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙍𝙖𝙟𝙠𝙪𝙢𝙖𝙖𝙧𝙞 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙥𝙖𝙙𝙞.

Karunika sat outside the doors of the cottage, eyes closed, resting in peace, her mata's prayers ringing in her ears, keeping her alert.

" Jyeshtha, look at what bharta Arjun has got as daan from Kampilya. " Nakul said, suddenly and Karunika, in no mood to open her eyes, asked

"  Have you brought flowers as dan Arjun?  They have a wonderful smell. " She told them, smiling.

" Nahi Jyeshtha. Pushp nahi. "

Slowly, Karunika opened her eyes and she saw a beautiful young girl, a few years younger than her no doubt, decked in the finest jewelry and clothes, she looked to be a princess. However, the second she saw the girl, her anger crossed bounds.