34. Rules.

While getting ready for war was a huge task, it was easier with family by your side.

With that mindset, to welcome new beginnings, Abhimanyu had been married to Uttara.

They had been happy and it gave the others more reasons to smile.

" Bhrata Abhimanyu. I've heard that women do have a habit of taking away your time from your brothers after marriage. Will bhabhishree also do that? " Moksh asked, barely escaping his mother's slap to a head.

" Nahi Kumar. Arya is free to do whatever he may please with you. " Uttara answered shyly.

" Arre bhabhishree! Wrong answer. You were supposed to say, 'Yes. He is my husband. I have first right on him. ' " Aahana said.

" Jispe adhikar jataya jaye, wo parivar nahi. " Prativindhy said.
( If you have to assert your right, then it's not a family.)

" Neelansh. Putr. When are you getting married? " Karunika asked.

" Buashree. It's time for war and you want me to get married? " The twenty year old man asked.

" What else putr. Now even I want to be happy. Bring me a vadhu won't you? " Vrushali added. The boy became beet red.

" Arre. All of you. You do realise. That once I do get married, you'll be the ones next? Do you want to get married? " Neelansh asked, as the other boys realised the implications of his words.

The mothers however....

Devika grabbed his ears. " Aii! Kakishree. Leave it please. "

" What are you doing? We need them to be married. We dream of our son's marriages and you scare them off. What is wrong with you. "

" Mata. You know I won't get married yet. Don't you..... " Moksh said, as Karunika mock glared at her son.

" Mata. We will protect our sister with our life anyways. So we shouldn't marry right? Someone needs to look after Aahana. " Shrutsen the Krishnaasut added.

" She can protect herself. She will be honoured to have her brothers, but she also needs to protect herself. " Karunika said and everyone's mood went dark.

" Anyways, back to the topic. All of you will get married. Mata's orders. " Karenumati said, as the boys just looked down in sadness.

Uttar on the other hand was scared. How was he supposed to approach Aahana , with seven brothers, her father and six mamashrees to her protection..

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" The armies are ready Jyeshtha. We shall now proceed to the ran bhoomi. "  Arjun said, walking in with his brothers behind him .

"Uchit hai. " She said, as they left the room confident. The wives and children had elected to stay in camps on the field, to tend for the wounded.

They met in the centre of the field, both parties standing opposite to each other.

" Pranipat. We will have the fight here. May dharm reign. " Krishan said, welcoming both parties.

" Rajkumaari Shikhandini, what are you doing in the field? Same as you Maharani, with what right are you getting ready to fight? " Shakuni asked confusion clear on his face.

"I am here as the senapati of the pandav army Maharaj. Infact your maha-" But Karunika grabbed her hand, silencing her.

A clear exchange was made. They cannot know that Bheeshm would drop his weapons in front of her.