35. Prathama

" Yudhishthir. Get up. Hold on. " Karunika said, lifting her brother's face off her lap. The crying boy in front of her was finally out after tearing the king apart.

" Jyeshtha. I am sorry. Madhav did give us a solution for pitamah's death as well and for that purpose Raajkumari Shikhandini has gone according to what he said. But I couldn't-couldn't let you step on the field if I know your life is at stake. I can't Jyestha. I can't. " He said, shaking his head in sadness.

" Yudhishthir! Have you forgotten? This is war. Everyone's life is at stake here. Even yours, Bheem's,Arjun's Nakul's,Sahdev's, your sons, their sons, my sons, my husband. All of your lives are at stake aren't they? I can't stop you from fighting in the war now can I ? I can't say, 'Oh my son can die. I can't let him fight'. No. It's war. People are bound to die. I hope neither of my family dies, but I am prepared for it because this is WAR. " She told him, wiping his tears, making him sit by her.

" But Jyeshtha. Krishn has said, that you will surrender your life for the happiness of your daughters. We all are aware that as of now, her happiness lies with Rajkumaar Uttar. She has taken a liking for him, even though it is due to Krishn's meddling. If something endangers him, answer me. Would you not put yourself in harm's way? "

" Yudhishthir I -"

" Jyeshtha. Answer me. I know you will. "

" Yes. I will. It is my daughter's happiness. It matters to me. A great deal. " Karunika said, wiping a stray tear which made it's way out of her eyes.

" That is why. Jyeshtha. For us you are more than our mata. You are our friend, you are our sister, you are our mata, you are our devi. I can't loose you Jyeshtha. We can't. Us six will be torn apart. The fights will be lost. Arjun's hand won't be able to bear his Gandiv. Jyeshth won't be able to put power behind his arrows. Bheem's bhuja ( muscles, hands) will lose all their strength. They will become lifeless. Nakul and Sahdev won't be able to pick their weapons at all. Jyeshtha your son will be unable to fight, lamenting his mother. Most of all our Jijashree. We fear he will lose his own life by your side. Mata will be unable to bless us with her hands which seek her daughter. If that is the outcome, than I would rather you don't fight. If it earns me an eternity of hate from you then it's fine but I can't let you die. " He managed out .

" Yudhishthir. Alright. If you are so adamant, I will not fight. But I will step in the day someone is harmed. Then no rules. No maryada. Nothing binds me. Understand? " She told him sternly, trying to pacify him simultaneously.

" Ji Jyeshtha. Sweekar hai. " He said, now becoming the king he is, yet again. Donning the persona of leadership. From the young boy in his sisters lap to the strong man who would fight with yamraj for her life.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Sena sajj hai Maharaj Yudhishthir. Rath aur sarthi bhi sajj hai. Yudh ke liye prasthan karo. Vijayi bhav.

( Armies are ready maharaj, Chariots and charioteers are also ready. Proceed for the Warfield. May you be victorious. )

Har har Mahadev! Har har Mahadev!

Karunika hugged her son. She covered him in black threads all around.

" Mata. I'll lose circulation because of all this you have tied. No weapon will be required to kill me in that case. " Moksh said, as Aahana slapped his head.

Karunika, who was still in a bit of shock realised that her son was right. So she did what every mother would do.

Now, you would assume that she opened them all didn't you?

Wrong. She only opened the ones in his feet and the ones on his wrists. He had to go to his father to get all except one of them opened.

As the armies were ready, standing on opposing sides of the field.