45. At last, Peace.

Walking back to Hastinapur made Karunika realise, with finality that they had truly won the war. They had established dharm.

While they still cried for the males in the family, the women did come up to offer their respects, it was true respect too.

" Mata. May I go with Raajkumari Uttara? " Aahana asked her as she climbed a palki.

Karunika's heart hitched a breath as she recalled the incident the night before.

" Of course you may go dear. We'll walk behind you. " Karn told her, as she ran off, while Karunika looked up at her Jyeshth.

" You must let the girl fly Kumari. She is fine now. If you keep her with you, you'll cut down her wings. How will she ever become better than you? " He told her, a hand tucking her into his side.

" I agree with you Jyeshth. But I just, I recall the scene from last night every time I look at her going away-and I-I am unable to just not let it have power over me. " She told him, worried even now.

" Jyeshtha. Does that mean we should never let you out of our sight? " Bheem asked walking up to her, as the others followed.

" Why Bheem? "

" Well Jiji. Every time we see you walking away from us we see you lying there nearly dead. Should we also stop you? " Valandhara asked her, as she walked next to her husband.

" Why I -that's different isn't it -"

" Why is it different Jyeshtha? We think we should tell Jijashree. We're packing you right here in Hastinapur. You're not going back to Vajji anytime soon. " Arjun told her, laughing at her affront expression.

" But -"

" No buts Jiji. Bhrata Bheem, Arya and Valandhara Jiji are right. How do you expect us to let you out of our sight now? " Panchali joined in.

" Arre but -"

" Nahi Jyeshtha. You must stay here. As you said, each year for two months you'll live with us. " Nakul added

" She's lived with us for twelve years,Nakul. Let her spend time with her children. Before they get married or go off on expeditions and such. " Sahdev said, slight dampening of the mood.

" Arre Bhrata Nakul. Don't forget. I'm taking your brother away for two months too. We need to do a lot of work back in Vajji. " Meenakshi said, slipping her hand through Sahdev's. A smile exchanged.

" Ahem ahem. We're in public. " Karenumati told them as they went beet red while all others laughed.

" But truly Jiji. You must stay. At least as long as Prativindhy's marriage. " Devika said as she was followed by her husband.

The boy in question ran past them on his horse and Karunika managed to get a peak at the red of his cheeks.

" Oh! So you've found someone who would tolerate your son? " Karunika asked her brother and sister in law.

" Not only tolerate. He was sent a letter by her. " Devika whispered as if it was some secret.

" Really? "

" I don't know. He told Arya. Arya told me. "

" Yudhishthir! You talked to your son about love! That's so... Unusual. " Karn said, as everyone laughed yet again.

" Why not Jyeshth. If we can finally admit that bhrata Bheem can fight without eating five kilograms of food, then we can surely say bhrata Yudhishthir can talk to putr Prativindhy about love. " Nakul teased as he was immediately taken into a headlock.