22. You lost your Karuna.

The doors opened slowly, creaking at every turn, revealing  one of the people who Karunika could run to without fear.

" What is going on in this sabha. " Adam whispered. Karunika was hidden behind Mata Kunti, but hearing the voice of her husband, her love, she walked out.

The yuvraj, stood stock still. He was unable to comprehend the state of his wife. Someone who was very meticulous about her appearance.  Her hair, which was always in a beautiful braid, was open, like maa Kaali's .Her sindoor, which was never a mark away from her middle part, was now smeared across her forehead in abandon. Her eyes, which were lined by kajal, were black as all the kajal had smeared. Her brown eyes, which were full of life, reflected nature itself, were dark pools of disappointment, they were dead.
Her beautiful pink lips were. Chapped dry, while her face had red marks all over it. Her beautiful soft hands, with which she would train his sister, but also teach the little children of the kingdom mischievous things, were bruised, blue, and scratched. The worst thing, was seeing her ankles. They were red. No one noticed that up until then, that her lotus-like feet were red.

He fell to his knees, shock moving through him, but before Karunika would go to help him, he stood up and ran to his wife, but grew wary.

" May I. May I touch you Karunika? " He asked hesitantly. He didn't know what happened here, but he had a general idea. He was boiling in rage, every blood vessel in his body threatening to burst. But his primary concern was his wife.

At her nearly imperceptible nod, he gently grabbed her, arms around her body as she finally let go.

She fell down, crying, sobbing. Her cries were so loud, it felt as if someone had died somewhere. He could only hold her, rocking her gently while he reassured her. "I'm here now. Don't worry. You'll be alright. We'll be alright. I am going to help you. Can you stand? " He whispered.

Nodding her head, she stood up, hands around her husband. Her mother looked carefully.

"Maharaj Dhritarashtr! You dared to subject the Queen of Vajji to such torment. You have invited war upon yourself. Prepare this whole sabha. It will die today. " He said, his voice cold, holding no empathy, no mercy.

" Jijashree -" Arjun began.

"Maun ho jaiye pandav Kumar. Maun. Otherwise I will say something which will not be good for anyone. "

"Putr Adam -"

"Maharaj. We are in a sabha. I am the Maharaj of Vajji. Have some respect. My wife and I have no interest in listening to anything you say. Prepare for war. " He said with finality.

"Maharaj? When did you become the Maharaj. You are  the Yuvraj. Don't change your post to show a little might. " Duryodhan said, cockily.

"My husband doesn't need to change anything to prove his might. You might have greed for the throne. He doesn't. " Karunika said.

Meanwhile, Kunti walked in with water for her daughter, but she refused it.

"Karunika, putri please at least drink water. " Her mother pleaded .

" Mata. This is not home. I have no right to do this. My self respect won't let me. I'll have water when we go back to Vajji. "

"But putri-"

" Yuvraj Adam. You still haven't explained. Why are you calling yourself the Maharaj. " Shakuni said, trying to understand the situation.

" Gandharnaresh. I have no need to explain to you. But I am sure my wife also needs one. Priy, pitashree has given the throne to me and Meenakshi equally. In my absence, she rules the kingdom, while in hers I am the king and as we are married, you are my queen. " He said, looking at her.