42. I Had Warned You.

As they all sat for food that night....

" Jijashree? Where is Jyeshtha? "

" How shall I know Raajkumaar Bheem? She left after whatever happened on the Warfield. " Adam replied, his anger simmering.

" Pitashree. Do I need to take food for mata? " Aahana asked whispering.

" Not needed Putri. I am here. " Said the queen, walking in, sitting by her husband.

Karunika had made a rule, that all husbands and wives would always eat together, provided they could. That doesn't mean one party should not eat food just because the other is unable to or doesn't wish to eat.

Reason?

Not needed. Everyone had simply agreed.

As she did sit down, she found five sets of eyes on her, while the Samrat happily ate his food, feeding his children, simply because he wished to do so.

" Jyeshtha-"

" Arya! How was the field today? Did we suffer any heavy casualties? Is there anyone in need of immediate care? I can go do that if you want. " Karunika said, cutting of Nakul and looking up at her husband.

He looked lost for a few moments before he registered.

" No Priye. No heavy losses, however Raajkumaar Uttar was grievously injured while Moksh and him were fighting Lakshman Kumar. But he was treated by Aahana. Don't you worry. "

" Jye-"

" Meenakshi. Have you looked into the incoming wheat supply for Vajji? There was a shortage of that, while I had been calculating the annual wheat produce. At this rate we might have to borrow some from other kingdoms. "

" Ji Bhabhishree. I did. It seems we are eighty kilograms short. I'll figure it out, you can be at peace."

" That's great. "

" J-"

" Devika? Are there anymore Raajkumaari that we have found for Prativindhy? "

" Ji jiji. There are three more. I shall show you later. She answered smirking, even as her son visibly paled next to him and Yudhishthir laughed out loud at his face.

" Bhrata. Why do you laugh? " Bheem asked nervously.

" Nothing.. It's ok. " He said, still trying to control his laughter.

" Come brother. I want to play shatranj with you. " Karunika said, standing up.

Karn assumed she was talking to him, as he was the one who played chess with her and stood up.

Which came as a shock to him as she helped Yudhishthir up the ground and took him away, smiling secretively.

The brothers still sat there. Confused.

The moment Karunika left their wives and children started laughing.

" Mamashree. Go. She is giving you a chance. " Moksh said, looking at the face of her youngest mamashree, Sahdev.

" Haan. I know you'll probably have your ears twisted again Bhrata Bheem. But it's better than fighting without Jiji's ashirvad no? " Panchali said, laughing.

So the brothers quickly finished their food and ran away, all the while Adam was, contemplative.

Karunika and her brothers as of now we're her responsibility.

He needs to talk to Krishn... Who wasn't visible at all.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_