11

"so, what are your parents like?" minho asked curiously.

"hmmm...dads very violent. and homophobic. he abuses my mom, i'm sure of it. i'm sure it's worse than i've seen. he abuses me too, when he gets the chance. i normally only show up for business dinners. my mom is sweet...warm...sometimes though if he pushes her over the edge, she can be awful.

"i try to hold her accountable still but i just see my dad abusing her and i understand. it's not her fault. at least, to me it isn't. they're not that great and i don't have a very good relationship with either of them. although i am closer with my mom." jisung explained as he looked up at the moon, while minho couldn't take his eyes off of the blue boy laying next to him.

"that's awful..i'm so-" minhos words were cut off by jisung.

"don't you dare apologize lee minho. you aren't my parents, i don't want your apology." the blue boy shook his head as he looked over at minho.

"i still feel sorry you have to experience it." minho sighed.

"oh yeah, my dad is not going to like us being friends." jisung added.

"why not?" minho furrowed his brows.

"because you have two moms. my mom seems really close with your moms though." jisung let out a sigh. "he's so fucking frustrating. like yes, you dumb fucking prick, gay people exist. we're not going to fucking disappear just because you don't fucking like us."

"i understand that anger." minho nodded. "when i saw the look your dad gave me when i said moms, plural, i wanted to punch him in the face."

"please you should've. maybe then i would've befriended you faster." jisung laughed.

"wow, rude!" minho feigned offense.

"kidding! but not really." jisung spoke through his laughter.

"okay okay, hmmmm..will you join us in dance?" minho asked.

jisung looked over at him, contemplating for a second. "fine. only because you asked me so nicely." he had a dumb smile on his face as minho giggled at his words.

"woah, we should celebrate." minho laughed.

"oh really?" jisung smiled. "how?"

"ice cream?" minho offered.

"it's cold outside?" jisung laughed.

"we've been sitting out here, it's only chilly. and that's the best time to eat it." minho shrugged.

"how?" jisung laughed harder.

"because in the summer if it's too hot the sweetness can make you feel sick!" minho defended himself.

"okay, okay." jisung calmed down. "wait, how did you know about this spot?"

"i found it right after i moved here and started coming here to have conversations with the moon." minho answered simply.

"this is my safe space." jisung sighed as he looked at the moon. "i like talking to the moon. she understands. she doesn't try to give me advice i won't take, or criticize me, or fight me on things. she just listens."

"well, i'm sorry for infiltrating your safe space. i can find somewhere else if you'd like me to." minho offered.

"no, it's okay. you can keep coming here. you're not too bad lee minho." jisung smiled.

"you're not too bad yourself, han jisung." minho chuckled.

"now, how about that ice cream that my super kind hyung is buying us?" jisung smiled sweetly as he looked over at minho.