31

jisung groaned as he sat up. his head was killing him and the light made his eyes ache. he looked over at the bed side table, seeing the pain killers and water minho had left for him. he took the medicine and made his way downstairs.

"you look like death." chan chuckled as he walked into the kitchen where chan and minho were making breakfast.

"i feel like death." jisung sighed. "i drank way too much."

"you wanna tell us what happened?" felix asked gently.

"my mom..." jisung hesitated. "she tried to kill herself. that's the real reason we were gone yesterday. my mom is in the hospital."

"sung oh my god." felix got up, pulling him into a hug. "why didn't you tell us?"

"i didn't want to ruin chan hyungs birthday. and i still did anyways..." jisung sighed as he rested his head on felix's shoulder.

"you didn't ruin my birthday, sungs." chan spoke gently. "it is perfectly okay to not be okay. you're human, sung. you've got a lot going on in your life right now with your parents and it's okay to struggle with it. that's life. you're only human."

"thank you hyung." jisung pulled him into a hug.

"i feel left out." minho joined the hug.

seungmin, jeongin, changbin, and hyunjin all joined the hug. jisung smiled to himself as his friends embraced him. he never realized how truly safe he was with these seven. and he couldn't truly express just how much he appreciates each and every single one of them.

"i love you guys." jisung spoke softly.

a chorus of 'love you too' filled the room, the hug growing tighter.

"don't burn breakfast." jisung chuckled.

"oh shit!" chan rushed back over to the stove. "oh phew, we're good. not burnt."

the hug dispersed, the boys all going back to sitting around the kitchen. jisung sighed contently as he wrapped his arms around minhos waist, resting his chin on his shoulder.

"hey ji." minho smiled softly as he continued stirring the food on the stove.

"hi min." jisung smiled. "thank you for taking care of me last night. and always."

"i'll always be here." minho leaned his head against jisungs. "are you gonna visit your mom today?"

"yeah. i'm gonna go alone this time." jisung nodded.

"okay sung. are you coming back over here?" minho asked.

"yeah. you're my safe space." jisung whispered in response.

"i'm glad." minho smiled softly. "should i prepare warm blankets and studio ghibli movies and hot chocolate?"

"yes." jisung squeezed his arms around minho.

"i'll make potato soup too because i know you probably won't eat lunch." minho smiled.

"have i ever told you that you're perfect?" jisung asked.

"hm...no, i don't think so." minho shook his head as a smile spread across his face.

"well, you're perfect." jisung smiled back at him.

"thank you." minho stopped, getting lost in jisungs eyes.

the two maintained eye contact, staring lovingly into each other. jisung found it so easy to get lost in the galaxies that minhos eyes held. it was one of the things he couldn't admit that he absolutely loves about the older.

"i hate to break this tense moment where we know you wanna kiss but aren't going to, but the food will burn." chan sighed.

"oh..." minho muttered softly. he broke the eye contact, going back to stirring the food.

"so...is that disgusting bastard still alive?" hyunjin asked.

"unfortunately." jisung sighed, letting go of minho to face his friends.

"not for long." hyunjin shrugged.

"jiwoong said you got his ass good." minho giggled. "broken nose and jaw, and he's missing a few teeth."

"god DAMN." felix laughed. "as he should."

"he deserves worse." jisung shrugged. "the only thing i'm sorry about is not killing him then and there."

"that's my bestie." felix smiled proudly. "my main bitch. my number one."

"and what about me and jeongin?" seungmin scoffed.

"you're both also my number ones. i love you guys too much." felix smiled.

"and me?" changbin chuckled.

"one and a half. sorry baby, my friends will always come first." felix laid his head on changbins shoulder as he giggled.

"it's okay, i understand." changbin nodded.

"do you?" chan laughed.

"yeah. he has so much love for his friends and i'd never try to step in between that. and i know they'd never try to step in between us." changbin shrugged.

"hey jisung, me or felix?" minho asked playfully.

"felix, duh." jisung shook his head. "cute try though."

"but...you guys aren't dating..." jeongin furrowed his brows.

"oh yeah..." minho smiled awkwardly as he turned the stove off.

"unless they're secretly dating." felix shrugged.

"PLEASE THEY FUCKING WISH." seungmin laughed. "you think either of them have the balls?"

"fair point." felix sighed disappointedly.

"i'll let you all starve." minho shrugged. "and kick you out of my house."

"no we were kidding hyung lol we love you so much." felix spoke sarcastically.

"get out. jisung and i will eat this all by ourselves." minho shook his head.

"and what makes him so special?" changbin scoffed.

"DUDE?" jisung laughed.

"he hasn't done anything." minho shrugged. "by the way, i'd easily pick you over any of them." he spoke lowly to jisung.

"you already know...my soulmate." jisung whispered. "don't tell felix." the two giggled.

"what's so funny over there?" felix asked.

"care to share with the class?" hyunjin added.

"obviously not." minho rolled his eyes. "we whispered for a reason."

"i'm sick of this hatred." felix fanned himself.

"you know where the door is." minho shrugged.

"okay is breakfast done? can we eat so i can go see my mom?" jisung laughed.

"yes, come eat." minho nodded as he made a plate for jisung.

"he just gets all the princess treatment." felix muttered as minho handed the plate to jisung.

"and as he should." minho shrugged.

"sickening." seungmin shook his head.

a/n: i am so excited for japan but these next 10 days out at sea are about to drive me insane.