29

"get minho in here, i know he came with you." sunhwa chuckled.

jisung nodded shyly, getting up. he opened the door, seeing minho waiting outside.

"my mom says to get you in here." jisung chuckled.

"me?" he was surprised.

"no, your evil twin." jisung deadpanned. "hyung, who else would i be talking to?" he chuckled.

"okay." minho nodded, letting a little giggle escape past his lips.

he followed jisung into the room, the two taking a seat next to sunhwas bed.

"hi honey." she smiled gently.

"hi ma'am, how are you feeling?" minho greeted her.

"not too bad." she nodded. "i see you cracked his shell."

"i did." minho had a soft smile on his face.

"i've noticed you two get along a lot better. but the nurse who called up here told me my son was here with my son-in-law..?" she smiled teasingly.

"i just...didn't wanna leave ji's side when he needed me." minho nodded shyly.

"thank you for taking care of my jisungie." she smiled sweetly. "you know, if you really wanna become my son-in-law, i approve."

"mom!" jisung hid his blush.

"i'm honored." minho giggled.

"i'd have the best sisters. and i wouldn't have to worry about you because i know you'd be safe." she shrugged.

"sounds like we just have to make that happen." minho shrugged.

"hyung i'm flustered." jisung spoke quietly.

"okay, okay. sorry." minho laughed.

"i'll stop." sunhwa giggled.

"has jiwoong spoken to you?" minho asked.

"not yet." she shook her head.

"okay, i'll text him." minho nodded.

"thank you for your help. and i'm sorry i wasn't brave enough." sunhwa smiled sadly.

"no, you have nothing to be sorry for." jisung shook his head.

"i don't want to fluster you again, but are you even into guys?" sunhwa asked, turning to jisung.

"yes. i'm gay." jisung nodded.

"i hope you know i fully support you. i won't say accept because that implies that there's something wrong with you and there's not." she smiled gently.

"thank you mom." jisung gave a bright smile.

"and you, minho?" she smirked.

"i am also gay." he nodded.

"so you really could be my son-in-law someday." she nodded.

"just because we're both gay it doesn't mean we're getting married." jisung chuckled.

"oh no, you've got it wrong. it's not just because you're both gay, it's because i won't accept anyone else as my son-in-law." she shrugged.

"mom." the two broke out into giggles.

"i have never seen anyone care for or take care of you the way that minho does. and his moms are just a bonus." she smiled at the two.

"sunhwa..." heejin entered with jinah. "oh, minho?" she furrowed her brows.

"hi moms." minho smiled.

"what are you doing here?" jinah asked as they sat down.

"they said my son was here with my son-in-law." sunhwa giggled.

"oh?" heejin nodded.

"i didn't want to leave jisungs side when he needed me." minho explained.

"that's sweet." heejin frowned.

"i'm saying, i'd love for them to get married." sunhwa chuckled.

"mom!" jisung hid his face in his hands. "wait. today is chan hyungs birthday isn't it?" he looked up with wide eyes.

"yeah...it is." minho nodded as he looked just as shocked. "so much has been happening that i forgot what day it is."

"you two go be with chan. these two will take care of me." sunhwa smiled gently.

"mom...i don't want to leave you." jisungs eyes watered.

"i want you to go have fun. live like a normal young adult." she was adamant.

"i will be back. i love you mom." he hugged her, leaving a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"i love you. party hard." she smiled. "and minho honey, please make sure he leaves the hospital and doesn't commit murder before he leaves."

"you got it." minho chuckled. "we will be back."

"i'll look forward to it." she smiled.

"we have to stop by my apartment to get chans gift before we go back." jisung said as he walked out the door with minho.

🌘

"where did you two go?" felix asked as they entered the house.

"i forgot my present for chan hyung." jisung smiled, holding up the gift bag. "happy birthday hyung!"

"thanks sung, you didn't need to get me anything." chan smiled warmly.

"you were gone for hours." seungmin spoke.

"we just ended up talking." jisung shrugged.

"what are you hiding?" felix asked.

"nothing!" jisung rolled his eyes. "we left because i forgot the present."

"i don't believe you." seungmin shook his head. "i woke up to someone screaming for minho."

"that was a different thing. let's just focus on chan hyung. let's give him a fun birthday." minho dismissed.

"drinks tonight?" felix asked.

"yes." chan chuckled.

"FUCK YEAH!" the freckled blonde smiled widely.

"the alcohol is stacked for you." minho smiled. "and my gift is still upstairs. i'll go grab it." he walked away.

"here." jisung handed chan his gift.

"i'm waiting to open all my gifts." chan smiled gently as he placed it on the coffee table with all the others.

"what do you want for dinner?" minho asked as he walked back downstairs.

"i don't know yet." chan shrugged. "anything."

"okay." minho nodded. "i'll cook."

"i appreciate you guys." chans face held a warm smile.

"of course old man." minho giggled as the group bursts into laughter.

"i'll go buy a cake." jeongin smiled.

"i'll go with you." felix got up.

"why didn't we think of that on the way back." jisung sighed.

"it's okay." minho gently pat his head.

jisung looked over at him, smiling gently. he was so overwhelmed with emotion from everything going on but he had to keep it together. he was scared telling his friends would ruin chans birthday. he just wanted his friends to enjoy the night, even if he was pretending to be fine. all that mattered was chans birthday.

a/n: i've been listening to my hopeless romantic playlist and OH GOD I WANT TO BE IN LOVE.