Chapter no.18 Legends of the Pokémon World

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me.
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord
https://discord.gg/KvauybXZ
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Austin couldn't help but be surprised by how much longer it took to get to Mt. Moon compared to entering Viridian Forest from Viridian City. They had been on the road for three days, and now Pikachu was fast asleep, comfortably nestled on his backpack. Just feeling Pikachu right behind his head like that brought a small smile to Austin's face, pleased by how comfortable the little guy was with him now.

"There it is," Yellow pointed out as the mountain came into view past the trees. "Mt. Moon."

"I thought we would never find it," Austin said with a grin.

The road was bustling with trainers, mostly Bug Catchers and people with Pidgeys and Rattatas, providing good experience for his team. "People say that a huge meteor crashed into the mountain back in prehistoric times," Brock mentioned, pulling Austin from his thoughts.

"A meteor?" Yellow asked, intrigued.

"Yeah, I've heard about it; it's the Moon Stone, right?" Austin responded.

Brock smiled. "Yes, the Moon Stone is said to have the extraordinary ability to power up a Pokémon."

"That sounds cool," Yellow remarked with a smile, while Austin remained quiet. It was... weird to have Brock and Yellow around. Don't get him wrong, they were cool people to have around, but Austin just wasn't used to them yet. Yellow didn't notice much, caught up in the sights, but Brock did, and was considerate about it, leaving Austin to be careful in how he acted due to the Breeder-In-Training's observant nature.

"So Ash, what's your plan for the Cerulean Gym?" Brock inquired curiously.

"Well, I've heard it's a Water Gym, so I'm hoping to use Pikachu since he's the only one who hasn't had a Gym battle yet," Austin explained as Pikachu drowsily opened his eyes with a yawn.

"Cha," Pikachu muttered tiredly.

"That sounds like a good idea," Brock remarked, intrigued as he recalled how Austin beat him despite type disadvantages. How will he fare with a type advantage? Austin thought. And Pikachu should fight since he doesn't see Misty as a friend this time. It was kind of disappointing, but Pikachu had become more of a fighter after Surge's Gym in the canon.

Their conversation was abruptly cut off by a scream, prompting the trio to snap to attention and run toward the sound. They discovered a man crouching under a horde of Zubats, small dark blue bats with no eyes and purple wings. Pikachu's eyes widened.

"Chu, Pika Chu Pi!" he exclaimed in a panic.

"No, Pikachu, it's not our destiny to get chased by a horde of Pokémon in each area," Austin said with a sigh.

"Chu," Pikachu seemed to disagree.

"What do you mean?" Brock asked, puzzled, as Yellow explained about the Beedrill horde in Viridian Forest.

"Plus, on my first day, we ended up getting chased by a Spearow flock," Austin added, looking at Pikachu. "What do you say, care to give a light show?"

"Chu." Pikachu leaped from Austin's back as the man looked up just in time to see Pikachu unleash a Thundershock on the horde of Zubats, causing them to scatter, but not before Austin saw Brock catch one out of the corner of his eye.

Once the Zubats were gone, and Pikachu landed on the ground, his cheeks still sparking, they all approached the man in the white lab coat. "Are you okay?" Austin asked, then quickly dodged a surprise hug as the man fell to the ground again.