the funeral ~yungblud

☆An☆ just☆ pretend☆ the☆ girls ☆know ☆muggle☆ music☆

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

As the gentle hum of music filled the room, Moxxi couldn't help but feel a rush of joy. It was the beautiful sound emanating from her brand new stereo, a thoughtful gift she had received for Christmas.

Pansy, Astoria, and Estella were captivated as they watched the Slytherin heir gracefully move to the rhythm.

As the stereo came to life, Moxxi's voice filled the room, captivating everyone. With a joyful smile, she took Astoria's hands and whisked her away into a lively dance.

☆ I can't leave my bed, but I can't sleep
I've got no clean clothes and I can't eat
And I smoke too much 'til I can't breathe
I'm emotional, I'll always be ☆

As the music played, she gracefully spun Astoria around before releasing her to join Pansy on the dance floor. Pansy's eyes narrowed with an intense glare as Moxxi took her hand, inviting her to dance.

☆ And I hate myself but that's alright
And I love myself but that's alright
And I tell myself that it's alright
That I dream about the day I die ☆

Pansy relinquished control of her body to Moxxi during the dance, and a delightful giggle escaped her lips as she experienced the sheer bliss of dancing.

☆ To my surprise, there's no one to blame
Nobody came, what a shame, shame, shame ☆

As the sound of these words reached Moxxi's ears, she swiftly approached Darcy and gently lifted her from her comfy bed. Leading Darcy towards the group of joyful individuals, Moxxi playfully spun her around, causing uncontrollable laughter to burst from Darcy's lips.

☆ I've been dancing at my funeral
Waiting for you to arrive
I was hoping you'd look beautiful
Dancing with tears in your eyes
But nobody came, what a shame, shame, shame (hey) ☆

The sound of laughter echoed through the room as the chorus blared from the stereo. In that moment, Darcy's mind was free any thoughts of her parents or worries; all that mattered was enjoying the company of her friends and having a blast.

It was truly astonishing to witness Estella, who was simply lounging on her bed, unexpectedly belting out the following verse of the song.she loved singing but no one knew that.

☆ My hair fell out 'cause I dyed it cheap
I want a real fake smile but I hate my teeth
I want to tell you that I love you but I just can't speak ☆

Estella's takeover left Moxxi in complete astonishment, her voice resonating with pure brilliance. With determination, Estella clasped Darcy's hands and led the way towards the room's exit. The other girls trailed behind, eagerly following as Pansy assumed control of the next few lines.

☆ I've got a fucked up soul and an STD
Do you hate yourself? Well that's alright
Do you love yourself? Well that's alright ☆

The girls twirled and swayed across the common room, making their way towards the cozy sofas. Moxxi held the stereo in her hands, pumping out music that filled the entire space. Unfazed by any judgmental glances, the children danced with pure joy, solely focused on one mission - to bring a smile to Darcy's face.

☆ Do you tell yourself that it's alright
That you dream about the day you die?
To my surprise, there's no one to blame
Nobody came, what a shame, shame, shame ☆

The girls perched on the sofas and tables, belting out the song with all their might. Meanwhile, the boys lounging on the sofas shot disapproving glances their way, but the girls were too busy having a blast to care.

☆I've been dancing at my funeral
Waiting for you to arrive
I was hoping you'd look beautiful
Dancing with tears in your eyes
But nobody came, what a shame, shame, shame☆

the girls danced across the sofas stepping over the young boys that were shooting them unimpressed glances.

☆ Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
I wanna prove my love before I leave
I wanna make you come and scrape my knees
Want you to bite my tongue until I bleed
And you can put these fucking words in my obituary ☆

Among the boys on that particular sofa was Malfoy. Despite his initial inclination to despise Moxxi and pass judgment on her, he found himself unable to do so. His gaze fixated on the necklace he had gifted her, adorning her neck as she twirled and danced. A smile slowly spread across his face as he watched her.

☆ We all hate ourselves, well that's alright
We all love ourselves, well that's alright
We all tell ourselves that it's alright
That we dream about the day we die ☆

The girls yanked the boys away from the couches and coerced them into dancing.
Moxxi had Theodore,
Estella had Blaise,
Darcy had Draco,
Pansy had Mattheo,
And Astoria had Enzo.
Tom refused to move when mattheo tried to force him up.

☆ I've been dancing at my funeral
Waiting for you to arrive
I was hoping you'd look beautiful
Dancing with tears in your eyes
But nobody came, what a shame, shame, shame
Nobody came, what a shame, shame, shame, shame, shame ☆

The song came to an end as the group of friends all laughed amongst themselves. They didn't care how cringe they were being. They were having fun. They were children. They were carefree.

Moxxi guided the group over to the couches where they all collapsed in front of the crackling fire. Just as they were getting comfortable, Atlas sauntered in and playfully leaped onto Moxxi's lap, causing her to be squished. Laughter erupted from the group, their smiles never fading.

If Moxxi had only been aware of the things Atlas was sharing with his Gryffindor buddies about her before he stepped into the room, her smile would have vanished instantly.