silence for the hour

Moxxi and Atlas kicked off the new year with a bang! Detention, detention, and more detention seemed to be their daily routine. Whether it was for chatting in class or simply having a good time, it felt like the teachers were out to get them.

Today, Moxxi found herself landing in detention due to a little mishap involving a cauldron in Potions class. Regrettably, this also resulted in her partner, Darcy, being dragged into detention as well. It had been ages since they last exchanged words, ever since the day darcy hastily ran away from them after the Quidditch game.

Moxxi detested serving detention under Snape's watchful eye. Out of all the teachers, he held a special place of disdain in her heart. She knocked on the door and entered the room, finding Darcy already seated at the table. Snape's gaze pierced through Moxxi as he scolded, "You're five minutes late, Miss Slytherin."

Moxxi couldn't help but roll her eyes in exasperation before settling down on the opposite end of the classroom. "Well, consider yourselves lucky," Snape remarked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "This detention won't require any physical labor from you two. Just sit there in complete silence for the next hour. Enjoy." With that, he exited the room, leaving them to their silent confinement.

Moxxi couldn't bear the suffocating silence any longer. After enduring 30 long minutes, she finally broke it with a question filled with curiosity and frustration. "What's the reason behind your ignorance towards us?"

"Moxxi, what on earth are you blabbering about?" Her words tumbled out of her mouth, filled with faked confusion.

"Malfoy, you know exactly what I'm talking about." The mention of her last name by her closest friend shattered Darcy's composure. Overwhelmed with emotion, tears streamed down her face.

Moxxi was taken aback by Darcy's unexpected breakdown. It was a moment she never saw coming. Slowly, she approached the tearful girl, extending her arms to offer a comforting embrace.

Darcy eagerly embraced the hug, her tears soaking into her best friend's shoulder. "Hey, sweetie. What's been bothering you?"

In that very moment, as tears streamed down her face, she remained silent, unable to respond. But within the warmth of that embrace, Darcy experienced a sense of security like never before.

As Snape swung open the door, the two girls hastily made their escape from the room and dashed into the common area. Upon entering, they immediately caught sight of the individuals that Moxxi despised the most: Malfoy, Zabini, Nott, both Riddles, and Berkshire.

Draco sprang to his feet in an instant as soon as he noticed his sister's tears streaming down her face. "Qui a osé te faire pleurer? Qui sur terre est responsable de cela?"("Who dared to make you cry? Who on earth is responsible for this?")

As those words escaped his lips, an inexplicable sensation stirred within Moxxi's stomach, sending a delightful shiver down her spine. obviously she didnt understand a word he was saying but it still gave her butterflies.

She brushed off the fluttering butterflies in her stomach as she assisted Darcy in returning to their room.

Darcy immediately leaped onto her bed and wept incessantly into her pillow for a whole hour. The other girls were at a loss, unsure of how to comfort her, so they awkwardly stood or sat, feeling helpless as they waited for her tears to subside.

The girls didn't care that she had been ignoring them
They didn't care that she was rude to them. The only thing they cared about in that moment in time was chearing up there friend.

Darcy refused to answer their questions, so Moxxi resorted to the next best thing to lift her spirits: singing.