44: Angraj Karna

"Conquer Magadh?" Arshia asked.

"Yes sakhi, conquer Magadh. We have to kill Jarasandh and take over his kingdom" Krishna said casually. "It's not easy killing a raksha,Vasudev"

"I know it's not easy but we have bhrata Bheem, don't we?" Krishna turned to Bheem. "I am sure he can defeat any monster" Krishna smiled.

"Then what are we waiting for Krishna?!We shall proceed this instant!" Bheem boomed. "I will accompany you and bhrata Bheem, Madhav" Arjun joined in, gripping his Gandiv.

Krishna smiled at the two and turned to Arshia,with a knowing gaze.

"What?" Arshia asked.

"You are accompanying us also,priye sakhi" He sang at the end. "Me?Why?!I mean you have yourself,Bharta Bheem and bharta Arjun,why would you need me?" Arshia questioned.

"It's better to have more skilled warriors,Arshia. "

"We should leave this instant and inform your wives. Arshia,get ready" Krishna walked out, giving Arshia no opportunity to defend. Arjun walked to her and placed his palm gently on her shoulder.

"You have helped Maharathi Karna so many times during war over the years and have helped him capture so many kingdoms of Aryavart. So why worry?" Arjun comforted. Arshia looked at him and nodded, excusing herself.

.

Fully ready in their warrior outfits, Bheem, Krishna,Arjun and Arshia set out to Magadh. Arshia,Arjun and Bheem were set on horses while Krishna was set in his chariot with his dwarka yellow flag waving at the top as he led them and his army.

Suddenly,his chariot stopped as he turned to face us.

"Vasudev,why have you stopped here?" Arshia was the first one to question. "Because sakhi,the circumstances have changed now"

"What do you mean Vasudev?" Bheem asked.

"Mamashree Shakuni is probably the most knowledgeable human in the entire of Aryavart. But O!what pain that he uses his brain for misdeeds. We can't capture Magadh anymore,Bharta Bheem"

"Does that mean we won't be killing Jarasandh?" Bheem questioned. Krishna gazed at Bheem, mischief shining brightly through his eyes. "Well that depends on you,Bharta Bheem!"

Bheem and Arjun looked at each other as Krishna and Arshia shared a knowing gaze.

"I heard that you learnt wrestling from the Magadh's bharta Bheem. Do you remember anything?" Krishna asked. "Of course, Vasudev"

Krishna smiled. "Then the death of Jarasandh is definite,bhrata Bheem."

Bheem smiled widely.

"But you will not enter Magadh by being the Indraprastha Rajkumar,rather you will enter Magadh as a Bhrahmin Wrestler"

.

Arshia stared at the long line of kings,also Krishna's disciples, looking at the ground helplessly as Jarasandh's servents threatened them from time to time. She gripped her pale brown saree tighter and looked at her front and sighed. She followed behind the three.

"Samrat Jarasandh!" Krishna called out as Jarasandh stopped his sword mid-air and looked at the voice who called him out.

"When we sacrifice an animal,we feed it to it's fullest. As you are sacrificing them, it's right to feed them to their fullest. I have heard that merely seeing your talent in wrestling,the people of Aryavart are most pleased!My friend,Vrikodar is challenging you to wrestling!" Bheem walked forward and stood beside Krishna. Arjun looked back at Arshia and motioned her to stand beside him,to which she followed.

"I don't have time now, Bhrahmin!" He shouted going back to him work. As his sword was about to touch the person at stake, Krishna continued.

"O Vrikodar! It's such a pride that the great samrat Jarasandh is denying the challenge!Now you may tell all the other wrestlers that you defeated the great samrat Jarasandh" Krishna patted Bheem's shoulder as they both turned to Arjun and Arshia with a smirk on their faces.

"Wait!The both of you" Bheem and Krishna turned to see Jarasandh walking to them. He, maintaining a good distance,stood with his hands on his waist.

"Try to lift my leg up, bhrahmin Vrikodar!Then you might dare to challenge me" Bheem walked to him with a small innocent smile on his face.

"Which one samrat?"

"Any you wish"

"I have come here to lift both of your legs!" Bheem laughed swiping Jarasandh off the ground. He fell straight on his back with a shocked expression. Standing up he scanned the four and his eyes fell on Arshia.

"You four are definitely not Bhrahmins!" Jarasandh complained looked at Krishna. "Why do you say that?" Krishna asked innocently.

"A girl like her?A bhrahmin?Have you gone crazy?" Jarasandh pointed at Arshia as all the attention fell on Arshia. Krishna turned to her and winked at her.

"And-and you are Vasudev Krishna!"

He recognised.

"Pranipat Samrat Jarasandh" He greeted. "Pandu Putra Bheem is eager to wrestle,samrat"

"Who is she?" Jarasandh asked, turning his lustful gaze at Arshia. He execpted her to lower her gaze,like any other woman would do,but Arshia looked straight in his eyes shocking him a bit.

"You will get to know,very soon. He is Pandu Putra Arjun" Krishna refused to introduce Arshia as he moved to Arjun. Jarasandh gritted his teeth. He turned his gaze at Bheem and huffed.

Getting ready for the wrestling match,he kept eyeing Arshia. All she could do was roll her eyes in reply.

"Arshia?" A voice called out. Krishna side-eyed, knowing who it was while Arshia turned to look at the very familiar voice.

She stared at a royally-dressed with the Anga crown with the red emerald in the middle,Karna. She clicked her tongue and turned back her attention to the wrestling match.

"Angraj Karna,it's wise for you to take Arshia back. I will recite her tales of this match, don't worry. It seems as if you two have something more to solve" Krishna stared at the two. "No need,Go—"

"It's an order,sakhi" He said sweetly.

"Go,I will inform Bharta Duryodhana and mamashree Shakuni" Krishna shoo-ed.

Arshia rolled her eyes and said

"Tell bharta Arjun that I will be taking the horse I rode to come here. I will return the horse to him soon" Arshia turned her heels and walked past Karna. Karna looked at Krishna and joined his palms in a thanking manner,soon following Arshia.

Krishna smiled and shook his head.

.

They had planned to travel to Anga but Malini was closer and the fire of desperation in Karna wanted to speak to Arshia. So they decided to go to Malini.

Ths subjects of Malini had heard that Angraj was gifted their kingdom and is the rightful king of Malini. But of course,Anga was his main kingdom.

A very well built and luxury palace awaited them as the servents made way for their new king and queen. Arshia joined her hands and smiled at everyone as Karna eagerly waited for a perfect time to talk with her.

An elderly woman with a gentle smile on her face greeted the two. She scanned Arshia up and down with a light frown on her face.

"Forgive me for saying this maharani but such simple clothes?" The woman asked, joining her palms. Arshia looked at herself and thought

"It's comfier"

Arshia awkwardly smiled at the woman.

"Could you please prepare royal garments for the queen?" Karna requested as the woman nodded excitedly and went to arrange clothes for Arshia.

Soon enough they were shown their chamber.

.
.
.

Thank you!