31:Innocence-2

Arjun formed his arrow and pointed it straight at Karna. The kavach once again appeared.

"Bhrata Arjun, please don't" A voice spoke out,amidst the chaos in the sabha. The attention fell on Arshia,who gulped seeing not less than 100 pairs of eyes on her.

She walked to Arjun and stood in front of Karna. The grip on her bow tightened as she shook her head, indicating him to stop.

"You are backing away from your promise,Arshia. I warn you" Arjun glared. "What nonsense!" Arshia blurted out.

"See where you are standing Arshia!" Arjun yelled. Arshia rolled her eyes frustrated. She lifted her bow and pointed it at Arjun,not being able to handle his repeated accusations,that she was a promise breaker. The fire arose in her eyes as the arrow formed.

"Putri Arshia!Lower the bow this instant!" Bhishma warned his booming voice alerting every soul in this sabha. Arshia gritted her teeth but obeyed his command none the less. "Apologize!You consider him as your brother and yet you have the audacity to raise your weapon against him?! Don't let my impression on you turn bitter Arshia!"

She looked at Bhishma with disappointment. It was well known that Arjun was his favourite. Arjun was everyone's favourite,he had every skill and quality to be the favourite. Yet she expected more from him. The man who laid forward that he wanted her to sit on the throne is now asking her to apologize because she raised her weapon against his favourite man!What irony! He didn't once speak out when Arjun pointed his arrow straight at Karna's heart!Why? because he was an outsider?

If he is an outsider,then she is also an outsider because last time she checked she was his wife.

Arshia turned her gaze to Arjun and joined her hands,the bow disappearing.

"I deeply regret my radical behaviour. Indraputra,I hope you forgive me!" Arshia lowered her gaze. Arjun. He lowered his bow and nodded at her.

"Arshia" Karna whispered, grabbing her hand. She turned to look at Karna and shook her head.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have stuck my nose in this matter. I am an outsider after all"

The Pandavas, Bhishma,Vidur, Draupadi and the Kauravas looked at her shocked. Dhritarashtra grew restless.

"Putri,what are you saying? Of course you are not an outsider. You are Angrani,our most beloved and trusted kingdom's maharani!" The King exclaimed.

"I didn't know family raised weapons against each other, Maharaj. I would like you to grant permission to exit this court and head to Anga. I would like to return to my home and my subjects" She folded her palms and waited for the King's command.

Karna stared at her. He wouldn't even try to stop her. The anger and sadness reflected in her body language. He knew what she was feeling,the feeling of not being accepted.

The king hesitantly nodded,not wanting to anger her more.

She turned around and walked away,her steps reflecting anger.

Karna stared at her retreating figure in distress.

Suddenly,Arshia fell backwards as if she had lost consciousness. Her body made no movement to resist herself from collapsing on the hard and cold ground.

Arjun hurriedly handed over his bow to Sahadev and ran to her rescue...alongside Karna.

Arjun reached before Karna and grabbed Arshia. He fell backwards carefully as he rested her head on his chest.

"Arshia!" A mixed scream was heard all around the hall as everyone made their way to her unconscious figure which lay in Arjun's arms.

"Arshia!" Karna screamed, sitting beside Arjun. He didn't seem to mind that Arshia laid in Arjun's arms. He softly patted her cheeks, trying to wake her up. Arjun softly shook the woman,his result being the same as Karna.