54:Insult

Arshia heard Draupadi scream in pain. The cry for pain cursed Arshia's ears as tears started forming in her eyes. She looked down and let her tears fall. She couldn't handle Draupadi's scream for pain.

"Only if you could have agreed with me"

.

Draupadi fell on the ground, screaming in pain. Dussahan removed his hair for his face and when he was about to grab onto Draupadi again,Karna stopped him.

"Dussahan!You were asked to call her not to drag her to the court!" Karna stood up and yelled. "She wasn't agreeing and this was the best option!" Dussahan replied back. "Mitr,sit do—"

"No Duryodhana!You have made her a dasi!You cannot drag her to the court in this manner!This is Adharm!" Karna made Duryodhana stop talking. Never had Duryodhana seen such rage in Karna's eyes. Karna walked up to Dussahan and ordered him to back away. When Dussahan looked at Duryodhana,he was disappointed that even he was nodding.

Draupadi stood up and looked at everyone in the court with shame and rage.

"Devi,please just go to the co—" Karna stopped when he realised what she was wearing. She wasn't adorned in royal attire,she was wearing the attire worn by women during menstruation. "It's your.." Karna removed his gaze from her and looked at his feet.

"Yes" Draupadi whispered.

"Devi,I am afraid I cannot do anything. Please just climb down and stand beside your husbands,or else Dussahan would harass you once again" Karna whispered, making way for Draupadi to pass by.

A disappointed expression crossed across Draupadi's face but she was a tiny bit glad that he atleast tried to protect her. She reached the end of the stairs and stared up at the court with tears clear in her eyes. She was bruised,from both inside and out.

"You did this?" Draupadi whispered. Yudhishthir knew she indicated at him and just bowed his head in shame.

"You lost everyone?You lost my husbands and you lost my Arshia?" Draupadi's whispers were starting to sound deadly.

"That woman supported you through everything!She supported you, knowing her husband was on the opposite side!And this is how you repay her?! I gave up my pride for you five and this is how you repay me?!" Draupadi screamed at her husbands.

"Quite down,dasi Draupadi." Duryodhana interupted. "Dasi?!How am I a dasi!I am a fire born!A woman who the gods themselves created!How can I be a dasi!" Draupadi rebuted. "Credits to your husbands deeds" Duryodhana sarcastically replied.

"Duryodhana,stop calling her a dasi" Karna said. "Bharta!Tie Angraj Karna and make him sit beside the Pandavas!" Dussahan glared at Karna. "Shut up, Dussahan. Mitr,why are you acting like this?"

"Maybe because she is my sister-in-law" Karna thought.

"She is a woman Duryodhana,she deserves respect"

"She is a dasi!" Dussahan interupted. "Bharta,tie him up! It's either him or me!" Dussahan warned. "Have you gone nuts, Dussahan!" Duryodhana screamed at him.

Karna extended his hands.

"Tie me." Duryodhana shook his head at Karna. "He is throwing childish tantrums, that's all"

"No,tie me up. I am against insulting women" Karna glared at Dusshasan. Duryodhana's eyes darkened at Karna's words as anger built for him in Duryodhana. "Tie him" His voice deepened.

Karna watched the servents tie him as he stood beside Pandavas,as ordered by the king.

"Bharta,let me go get Arshia. She was babbling too much and had the audacity to hurt me" He showed him his nasty cut.