32: Arshia's Pregnancy

1st Month

On Duryodhana and Bhanumati's special and desperate request,Karna decided to stay back in Hastinapur for the first two months of Arshia's pregnancy.

The news spread like fire in Aryavart and every one prayed for the well being of Anga's future heir.

Yes, Anga's future heir.

Arshia and Karna decided that even if the child was a girl,she would be the future queen of Anga. Of course there was discomfort and dispute across Aryavart because of this decision but Bhishma and Duryodhana solved it in no time,their influence playing a big part in it.

Her pregnancy definitely bought a lot of happiness in her life but with good things come bad things too. Arshia was strictly denied in practicing weaponry for 9 months!

"Karna! Please!" Arshia whined. Karna rolled his eyes and looked at the mirror for the last time, fixing his angavastra. He turned to her and violently shaked his head. "No means no,Arshia" Karna walked past her.

Arshia huffed and followed him.

"What 'no means no'. If I don't practice for 9 months then I will forget everything!Isn't that horrifying!" Arshia whined. "You won't Arshia. You need to take care of yourself" Karna said, without turning around.

Arshia increased her pace and tried to convince him.

"Arya! Please!" Karna froze and Arshia couldn't control her pace. She bumped into his muscular and wide back. Karna turned around,in the speed of light,and grabbed her waist.

Arshia,flustered that his fingers were making contact with her bare waist,tried to push him away. Karna noticed her flustered reaction and forgetting that he was in public,he smirked and pulled her closer. Arshia glared at him and removed the smirk on his face.

"Arya?I thought you were against calling me that" Karna said casually. "How does it even matter what I called you? Whatever,I am going" Arshia took a few steps back but Karna didn't let her leave.

"I am repeating once again Arshia,a no means a no"

"You two have turned so confident!what a fast progress!" Arshia hurriedly took steps back and looked at Duryodhana,who was smirking and Dussahan who was controlling his laughter. Karna turned red in embarrassment.

"Rajkumar Duryodhana! Please tell you best friend to allow me to practice weaponary!I will forget if I don't practice for 9 months straight!" Arshia complained. "Bhabhishree!I didn't let my wife, Bhanumati,leave the bed when she was pregnant with the twins, Lakshman and Lakshmana!How could I advise my best friend something that I even didn't do?" Duryodhana said innocently.

Dussahan burst out in laughter and Duryodhana controlled his laughter. Arshia rolled her eyes and stomped away. Duryodhana gestured Karna to pick her up and drop her to the chamber 'safely'. Karna shook his head but Duryodhana pushed him,not accepting rejection. Karna sighed and put one arm around the back of her knees and one on her waist, picking her up.

Arshia grabbed onto Karna and glared at him.

"Why don't you rest?You have been practicing the same thing forever!Now,go and rest." Karna walked off to the chamber.

Dussahan and Duryodhana high-fived each other.

.

"Angrani, Rajkumari Draupadi is asking for permission to enter the chamber"

Arshia's eyes lit up as she stood up and dropped the flower garland she was making. She nodded excitedly.

"Arshia!How are you?" Draupadi asked as soon as she entered the chamber. She pulled Arshia for a tight hug as Arshia hugged back.