48: Duryodhana's insult

Duryodhana stared at Shishupal's body with shock in his eyes. He wiped off the blood that had splattered across his bare body after the Sudharsan Chakra had beheaded Shishupal.

Turning his gaze on Krishna,he started

"Bhrata Yudhishthir!How can you let this happen in your court?How can you let the highest honoured person of this court kill a guest!" He complained.

"Yuvraj Duryodhana,he would have been killed one way or the other. When he was told to keep count of his crimes,he disagreed and continued babbling." Arshia reasoned, stepping forward. Duryodhana marched forward and stood in front of Arhsia,his weapon gripped tightly in his hands. Karna followed behind, making sure that Duryodhana doesn't do anything that might upset his wife.

"He was my friend!How can you kill him?"

Arhsia laughed and replied "Friend?If you forgot Yuvraj Duryodhana,I was there when you became friends with Shishupal and I know why you became friends with him."

Duryodhana glared at her.

"Do not forget why you enjoy this royal title,Arshia" He gritted his teeth. "Flaunting that you gave daan to a beggar,eh?" Bheem came forward and stood behind Arshia.

Arshia looked at Karna and sighed, realising that she could do nothing to save him from insults and embarrassment.

"Duryodhana,even a mer—"

"I am talking to Yuvraj,Bhrata Bheem. You don't need to talk for me" Arshia said a bit too coldly. Bheem stared at her back,in shock but obeyed her words.

"Why was he killed? Whatever he uttered was correct none the less" Duryodhana spitted. Arshia widened her eyes and looked at Karna,who was silently standing with an expression of guilt on his face. He was gripping his bow so tight that the veins in his hands became prominent. His face flushed with the colour red.

"Everything was correct? You mean,that him uttering such insulting words for me and bhabhishree Draupadi was correct?" Duryodhana proudly nodded. "Yes,he was correct!If not for you,then my mitr Karna would have participated in Panchali's swamyvar and could have married her! Don't you know how politics works,bhabhishree Arshia?!" He mocked.

"Believe me,I know it better that you do Yuvraj Duryodhana!" Arshia raised her voice. "Arshe,calm dow—" Arshia gestured Karna to stop talking and shook her head. "You don't tell me what to do, Angraj Karna. I warned you so many times not to take back Ang Pradesh yet you refused to even hear my advice. I stopped bhrata Bheem from speaking because I was afraid he would insult you more but from what I am seeing,at the moment, Yuvraj really did a daan" Arshia fluttered her eyes at Karna, disappointed.

"You don't get to speak to my mitr the way you just did,Arshia!" He slightly raised his weapon. The Pandavas and Krishna rushed and stood behind her. Arhsia let a sword form in her hands as she gripped it tightly.

Duryodhana stared at the magic, unbelievably. Dussahan rushed over to Duryodhana's side and took out his sword, eyeing Sahadev and Nakul. Karna eyed Arjun while Duryodhana looked at both Bheem and Arshia.

Shakuni made his way to Duryodhana and begged him not to commit such actions.

"Leave him,Gandhar Raj Shakuni. You have been holding his fingers from the day he was born and helping him rise up and get more powerful. Does he still need your help?" Arhsia commented as Duryodhana raised his weapon at her.

"Don't be foolish, Duryodhana!" Shakuni whispered as Duryodhana finally lowered his weapon and kept staring at Arshia.

Fear,guilt and anger flowed in Karna's eyes. Fear because he was scared that Duryodhana might harm Arhsia,Guilt because he was remaining quiet and angry because the Pandavas had raised their weapons.