18:Time Skip

Arshia POV

This was not what I had imagined my married life to be, definitely not this. That day,if I view today at this very point of time,it seemed like a dream. I can't imagine it was Angraj the day before we got wedded.

I thought we would get more comfortable but we got more distant. Not distant but not even close. The first few days,it was awkward the next it was shyness and then it all suddenly turned into ignorance?Was it ignorance?I don't know.

It felt as we were two strangers living in the same castle. The only time we could talk was in the night time but he comes in all tired from the political work and I am not that desperate to trouble him when he is that tired.

During the day when he is free,I am practicing my weaponary. I wouldn't want to lose that skill. So, that's the summary of the past few months of my married life. Each second, minute,hour and day passing adds on to the guilt and hurt of marrying the man who was supposed to marry his true love.

Yes,he could marry her even now. My opinion doesn't matter,it doesn't matter if I cry and beg him to not marry any other woman,it doesn't matter what my will is. I am a queen and I should be happy that I got this privilege. I would have talked to him about this but I couldn't.

He had married other women after truly loving Vrushali. It's not like Vrushali would have liked when he brought other women home and introduced them as wives to the whole world. If he didn't spare the one who had his whole heart,how would he spare me?when I am just his wife who he had won with bravery and skill...

These thoughts slowly killed me from within, making me weak emotionally and mentally. I knew in matter of days, Draupadi would be born and Mahabharat would start...

"Arshia"

I turned around to see him.

"Yes, Angraj?"

I still call him that just because I am against calling him 'Arya'. I expressed my desire on our wedding night and he happily agreed, telling me that I could call him Angraj until when I would be comfortable enough to call him by his name.

"What are you doing here?I thought you were supposed be practicing weaponary?"

He asked.

"I thought you were supposed to be court?"

I questioned back.

He was in his royal attire with his crown on. But his eyes didn't look tired and worn out,so he must have not been to court yet.

"It's a holiday today,Arshia"

He frowned.

He had informed me yesterday night that today was a holiday and after I practice weaponary,we could spend time together. It must have slipped off my mind. Yesterday I came back to the chamber really tired because I had to practice the gadaa,my least favourite weapon. It took me days to only pick it up and mastering it had a long way to go.

I mastered the sword first and it became my favourite. I like how it sounded when I swing it and cut plain air. It's satisfying. I would always practice that but I have to work on my wicknesses rather my strength.

"Yes,I remember" I snapped out of my trance.

Karna nodded.

"Are you free?Can we go to the banks of the rivers,today?"

He always wished for us to go to the banks of the rivers,he even requested it on our wedding night that someday he would like to take to where he spends most of his time,if he is off royal duty.