9: Durshala's marriage-2

"Why am I so dressed up?" Arshia whined.

"Why are you so over-dramatic?" Durshala looked at her dead in the eye.

Arshia rolled her eyes and sat on the couch.

"I miss my own era" Arshia thought, pouting. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"Come come!He will be here any second!" Durshala hurried and grabbed Arshia's hand pulling her.

.

"How do I look?" Durshala asked patting her hair, worried. Arshia clicked her tongue and nodded at her for probably the 50th time in the span of 4 minutes.

Durshala failed to understand her tone and actions and happily smiled at her. Arshia smiled back as the instruments started to play and she saw flowers being thrown on a man on a horse with a smirk.

The man jumped off his horse and walked up the stairs. Hugging Duryodhana first,he sought the blessings of the queen and king,with the smirk still on his face(which annoyed the heck out of Arshia). He growled lowly at the Pandavas and greeted Kunti. He turned to Arshia and Durshala,his smirk returning.

At the corner of her eyes she could see Durshala hiding her gaze from the man and looked down, blushing.

"Sindhraj Jayadartha" He said coming infront of Arshia. She stepped back,not comfortable with how close he was to her. Arshia looked at him and showed a small smile. Jayadartha scanned Arshia, licking his lips.

Arshia's soft gaze turned harsh as she lowly clicked her tongue. Jayadartha noticed her annoyance and looked at her, smirking. He moved to Durshala and they introduced themselves to each other.

With the formalities over, Duryodhana invited Jayadartha for a friendly game of dice and soon the crowd was dismissed.

.

"I don't like him. Don't tell me you didn't notice that ugly and unholy gaze he had on us!" Arshia exclaimed.

Durshala frowned and looked at her.

"Arshia. I have been hearing you bad-mouth him for the last 30 minutes and you really seem to hate him for no literal reason!"

Durshala fired up and turned to face her. Before Arshia could utter a word,she continued

"In one meeting,Arshia!And you don't even know him and you still manage to bad-mouth him like he has done a crime or something!He is going to my husband and I trust Bhrata Duryodhana he won't choose someone bad for me. If you are doubting Sindhraj then you are practically doubting my Bhrata's choice for me and I won't handle that!So you better stop with this Arshia.Why are so against my happiness!"

Durshala left Arshia no words. She couldn't reply at Durshala's outburst. Arshia clinged her jaw and turned around walking away,not sparing a glance at the girl.

.

"Oh,stop stop. You are going to hurt your feet" Nakul said standing infront of Arshia,who was angrily walked through the halls of the palace.

She bumped into Nakul which caused her to be pushed a few steps back. Her angered expression slowly turned back to normal seeing him infront of her.

"Pranipat Rajkuma-I mean Bhrata Nakul" Arshia softly shaked her head.

"What happened,Arshia?You are so tensed and worried and angry. What happened?" Nakul said,the worry clearing showing.

Arshia sighed and shaked her head.

"I don't know what happened and I don't want to talk about it" Nakul nodded not wanting to force her to tell him what was her problem.

"Are you okay?Do you want me to stay with you" Arshia shaked her head at his suggestion and kindly denied.

.
.

Arshia was staring at the celling laying flat on her back on the bed. Due to her shaking her legs,the soft sounds of anklets could be heard.

"Rajkumari,we have news to deliver to you. Rajkumari Durshala's marriage rituals will be starting in 2 days. I was ordered to inform you this"

Her legs stopped shaking. Her throat went dry. She gulped trying to remove the dryness from her throat. She sat up and nodded at the maid. She saw food tray on the table and the dasi almost leaving.

"Uh, could you draw the curtains and blow the dias out. Take the food tray out and inform the soilders outside not to let anyone enter my chamber?" The dasi nodded and did what she was asked to.

The comfort slowly pulled her to dreamland.

.

"Who's food is this?" Arjun asked the dasi who had a food tray in her hands.

"Rajkumar,this is Rajkumari Arshia's plate. She didn't have the appetite to eat." The dasi said with her head down. Arjun frowned at her words. He extended his hands and said

"Give it to me. I will make sure she eats it"

"Rajkumar, Rajkumari has ordered the guards to let no one enter her chamber and she is probably asleep by now" The dasi infromed. Arjun's frown deepened but he nodded and walked away,Arshia still on his mind.

.

The next morning could be termed as uneventful for Arshia. The first thing she saw when she walked out of her chamber was Durshala and Jayadartha which boiled her blood but she couldn't and won't do anything about it because she knew the consequences could be harsh. She clicked her tongue as she turned around and walked away, almost vomiting at the sight.

"Rajkumari Arshia!" She heard a male voice call her as she turned around to see Arjun. A warm smile greeted him.

"Yesterday I saw a maid with your food tray. You skipped your dinner?" Arjun frowned.

"Yeah,I didn't have the appetite to. But believe me,I had a heavy lunch" Arjun,at first, didn't believe her but the expression on his face made him beleive her.

"Okay."

"I am going near the Ganga river. Would you like to come?" Arjun asked. Arshia denied as they bid their goodbyes and went in their own paths.

.
.

Painting/Drawing was something she loved from her own era. The colours and her own creativity fascinated her.

Sitting on the swing of the garden,which was decorated for Durshala's marriage,she drew on the parchment. She lift her head, hearing footsteps,to make come eye to eye with Karna. She smiled and stood up, greeting him.

Karna's eyes fell on her parchment which he couldn't quite see. He walked towards her and asked what it was.

"It's a drawing" (she extended her almost complete painting)

"It's beautiful. What do you not master, Rajkumari?" Karna asked his eyes sparking with amazement. She laughed at his amusement.

"Thank you."

"It's Rajkumari Durshala's engagement tommorow,have you already prepared everything?" He asked leaning against the swing. Her smile faded a bit but, covering up, smiled.

"I am not the bride, Angraj" She joked as he hearted-ly laughed. "You know what I mean"

"I do. I don't have everything ready but I will,at the end of the day." Karna nodded at her words as he turned to the evening sky. Following his gaze,she looked at the sky,a hint of excitement in her eyes.

.
.
.
.
.

Hope you enjoyed reading.
I don't mean to hurt anyone's religious beliefs.
Stay tuned for updates!
Vote!
Enjoy