23:Back to Anga.

Arshia POV

Anger,Ego and Arrogance was what differentiated SuryaPutra Karna and Indraputra Arjun. Karna had his own reasons to have all of the above qualities. Being born to a royal maidan,he was set off in the Ganga because of a small mistake. All his life he begged for a teacher to teach him the art of archery, something that he was divinely gifted in. All his life,he couldn't enjoy the status of royals instead was mocked because of his 'adopted' status. All he wanted was to prove himself.

Arjun was equally qualified and hardworking. But what he had was the status,the proper education and most of all the proper support. Karna lacked each and every one of them. He got his education by lying. The support and status provided was provided by Duryodhana only because of his own selfish motives. Overall,it made Karna indebted to adharm for his entire life.

Yes,he was daanveer and never refused a single soul that came to him with a request but what about that soul?Even he needs assistance, right?

-Me

I rolled up the parchment where I wrote all this and kept it away,in a place where I could be the only one who could access it.

After learning almost everything (Thanks to my extremely fast learning skills),I had nothing to do and Anga was rather at peace with the outside kingdoms,being the Ally of the main state. So, nor did the political work pressurise me. I practiced my weapons but that's it,I have nothing else to do. Oh! would I have been back in my era,I would have never been bored!

I haven't been getting those horrific scenes for a long time. Vasudev said I would stop getting those visions once I invested myself in this era. Have I already left my own era? That doesn't sound right. My heart has already moved on from my siblings?

All of this hurts my brain.

.

I stared out of the window,the darkness slowly taking over. The soft winds hit my face, calming down the discomfort in my mind and heart. My eyes lingered on the entrance, waiting for him. I buried my face into my hands, sighing.

Then I heard the sound of horses and I lifted my head to see him. Although the surroundings were dark,in my eyes,he came in like a shining sun. I came up on my feet and ran out of the chamber,in a hurry to meet him.

.

As I reached the entrance,my smile kept increasing. When my eyes met his,he gave me a small and forced smile. Seeing that,my smile faded away. He came near me and softly placed his palm on my cheek

"How are you?"

I melted into his touch. I gulped and nodded my head, indicating that I was fine.

"How are you?Did the swaymvar go right?"

Even that small forced smile on his face seems to have disappeared after I asked that question.

Probably sensing that I was skeptical,he once again smiled.

"Fine."

"Did anything happen in the swaymvar?You don't look okay"

No one POV

"Did anything happen in the swaymvar? You don't look okay"

Karna drew back his hand and softly shook his head.

"No, everything is fine"

Arshia forced a heavy smile on her face.

"I want to know everything about it"

.

"What do you want to know,Arshia?There is not much to say"

Karna whined.